Old October 7th 05, 09:26 PM
Captain Crane

Default Saturn B-100 Base No Ground needed antenna.

Has anyone here used a Saturn B-100 antenna. Do they work well ??
The antenna looks small in size and due to Home owner association rules
I cannot put up an antenna but i was thinking about putting it in the
Attic not really an attic just in the roof of the house where there is
insulation.
Brian - Las Vegas

Old October 9th 05, 10:07 AM
Captain Crane

Anybody use this antenna or know about it.
Brian - Las Vegas

Old October 9th 05, 09:38 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Brian:

This has to be one of the wost antennas I have seen.

I have one. I will send it to you. Pure junk.

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 10th 05, 12:46 AM
U-Know-Who

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello Brian:

This has to be one of the wost antennas I have seen.

I have one. I will send it to you. Pure junk.

Jay in the Mojave

Yes, but would it work on a skateboard?

Old October 10th 05, 04:04 AM
Jay in the Mojave

U-Know-Who wrote:

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message

Hello Brian:

This has to be one of the wost antennas I have seen.

I have one. I will send it to you. Pure junk.

Jay in the Mojave

Yes, but would it work on a skateboard?

NO!

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 12th 05, 04:01 PM
Dungeon Master

Hello Brian,

I thought about your situation and have a very inexpensive solution.
Get yourself a SO239 chassis connector, 14 gage wire (50') and
soldering gun. In the center solder a 102" length for the vertical
element. On each of the 4 corners, solder a 104" groundplane wire.
Attatch your coax to the SO239 and use a nail to support the top of the
antenna at the peak of the inside of your crawl space. Allow your gound
plane to droop down up to a 45 degree angle. Trim for SWR.
The ground planes will help decouple the RF from getting into the
house.
This is not the perfect solution, but it is cheaper than buying a
commercial antenna. I found this quick reference for a guide...
http://home.att.net/~wizardoz/cbmw/antenna_fabri.html

Hope this helps...
73
Dungeon Master