Old October 15th 05, 02:04 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Default Big Johnson Desk KW Amp!

Hello All:

Here's a oldie but Goodie.

Not cheap!

Jay in the Mojave

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNSON-VIKING-D...cmd ZViewItem
Old October 16th 05, 04:09 PM
Steveo

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

Here's a oldie but Goodie.

Not cheap!

Jay in the Mojave

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNSON-VIKING-D...for-RANGER-etc
_W0QQitemZ5817098624QQcategoryZ48700QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

554 pounds! dang!
Old October 16th 05, 06:37 PM
MDW So Calif

I bet you can set a pot of coffee on that puppy and warm it up.
I did not see but anyone know how many amps it pulls?
Here in this part of So. Cal you need stock in So Cal. Edison.
Hey Jaybird, could you afford to run this out there?
DW

Old October 17th 05, 03:47 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello MDW:

Yeah I am sure it would heat up a radio room on a cold night.

Man look at the price this old KW amp is going for, 3300 American
Dollars, TILT!

The amp shouldn't draw that much juice, since its only a stock ham band amp.

I worked on a amp that used two each 3CX300A7 Tubes, for Spectral
Analyst, a tool in mining. It drew an RF Arc, in a special chamber, and
the spectral light was looked and photographed by a optical analyzer,
that gave out the content for the material being tested. And it didn't
draw that much power, it didn't trip the 40 amp circuit bearkers that
supplied the 220 volts power to it. After the testing I plugged the
clothes dryer back in.

It just drew a lot of current when it was in transmit operation, but
that was just for a short while. So it didn't take a lot of juice for a
long period of time. But if it did that would be expenive. Kind of like
when the kid left his electric ceiling heater on for a few days.

Or the air compress runs open loon for a few days, because the air hose
leaks.

Edison isn't too bad. But they got upset when I disabled there power
lock out assembly, when they locked out my power, after I paid all the
Bills. I handed it back to them at there payment center.

Jay in the Mojave

Kreedentials:

Ownwer 1967 Ford F250 4x4 truck, got new 150 amp alternator, guess what
comes next!
Would roll up the drivers side window on the 67 truck, if I had one.
5 Kollage credits, 3 for passing the class, and 2 for leaving early.
Graduated high school in the same school as Cheech and Chong, in LA.
Member of local Ham Radio Club, great bunch of guys.

Old October 17th 05, 03:59 AM
U-Know-Who

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
[...]

We'll just cut you loose at the pole or transformer. Good thing you don't
live here. Not to mention the $200 per incident tamper fee.........

Old October 17th 05, 07:26 PM
Jay in the Mojave

U-Know-Who wrote:
[...]

Not a problem, I paid all my bills so they didn't have a leg to stand
on. I and they knew it.

Yeah disconnecting my power at the pole would have done it. But they
would have had to "Hi Occo" it back the next day any way.

I had leg surgery back in the 80's. I went down to a welding supply shop
to buy a new set of bottles, torches, and regulators, at half price.
Hobbling around on Crutches.

I stooped off by the office at work to give them some papers. When I
hobbled back to the truck, they put on a metal restraining bar on my
front tire. Well with a new set of Cutting Torches, Bottles, and such, I
made quick work of their metal restraining bar. Leaving it there in a
pile of rubble, not in premium shape, I laughed all the way home.
Besides I was parked in a legal parking place.

Somethings ya wish ya had a picture of.

Jay in the Mojave
Old October 17th 05, 03:26 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Steveo:

Welp, if ya gonnas want to play, U gots to pay.

Daaas riiight! Hehehehhee

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 18th 05, 03:04 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello All:

WOW! The Big Jonhson Desk KW Amp, went for 4700.oo dollars.

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 18th 05, 05:56 PM
Steveo

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

WOW! The Big Jonhson Desk KW Amp, went for 4700.oo dollars.

Jay in the Mojave

Hi Jay, here's a big'n of some sort on wheels!

http://tinyurl.com/bkpbu