Old November 5th 05, 08:30 PM
Steveo

Default FAQ

wrote:
a simple sick joke

do rememebr that part

**** off, asshat.
Old November 5th 05, 08:33 PM

On 05 Nov 2005 20:30:05 GMT, Steveo wrote:

wrote:
a simple sick joke

do rememebr that part

**** off, asshat.

no thanks

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old November 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Peter

wrote...
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:48:56 -0000, "The Magnum" wrote:

Just a sec you silly old fart. I made a joke out of the miss-pronunciation
of Hospice "horse ****" it was nothing to do with Hospices in any way shape
or form or the people in them, just the name..

bull****

No, horse pss.

Around these parts, it is common for people to pronounce horse as "hoss" or, dropping the H,
'oss. This is exactly why
my children found the word hospice funny... when they didn't have a clue what one is.

I'll give you a few pointers...

Hoss: Large four legged creature, often raced for money.
Dee: Cease to live. eg. "When he jumped out, I nearly deed of shock"
Bod: Feathered creature with wings. eg. "some of my bods deed of flu"
Corsey: Pavement.
Wickend: Saturday and Sunday.

It is known for people to purposely use such pronunciations, either as part of their
identity or to take the mickey out of people from different parts of the region.

I just think the dead and dying deserve a bit of respect instead of
being used as the butt of a sick joke

He never mentioned the sick or dying, neither did he mention employees, specific
organizations or specific people. This, along with the reference to liquid measure,
should have made it obvious that it was a play on words.

Peter.

Old November 12th 05, 08:02 AM
Dana

The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, The Magnum wrote:

Yet another reason I will never obtain a ham ticket.

Good news for ham radio!

Yep, there will be no one left on Ham soon after all the old farts have
died...

You seem to think that
your little piece of paper raises your IQ.

Yet with you cber IQ you couldn't pass the test even though the answers
to the questions are available.

Try taking an IQ test and i bet theres hardly any difference between you and
most people on CB. The only test you would outshine most CBers would be
radio related...

Old November 12th 05, 11:03 AM
an old friend

Dana wrote:
The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

I agree they made that mistake, they are about to fix that one by
droping it to where it belonged in the first place zero

Old November 12th 05, 12:08 PM
The Magnum

"Dana" wrote in message
.com...
The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just
talk to people? I know all about the arguements about it getting through
when all else fails but is it really life and death?? If i cant get through
on the radio I use a Phone or the Internet. After all its just a hobby.
Besides, doesnt all that dot dot dot.. dash dash dash give you a headache
after a while??
Dont get me wrong, im not having a go at Amateurs im just asking the
question.. why is it so important?

Regards,
Graham

Old November 12th 05, 02:02 PM
zjjPK

Dana wrote:

The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

the mistake every authority has made is....

when you cheapen a licence , you get lower standards of behaviour being
displayed by the licensees.

when those who have licences did very little to get that licence they will
treat that licence with very little respect.

when those licensees are governed by rules/regulations then their
behaviour may well become the subject of complaints.

complaints must be investigated.
this costs money.

end result....
lowering the 'cost of administration' allows cb'ers onto amateur bands.
cb'ers on amateur bands will cause problems.
problems cause complaints.
complaints cause investigations.
investigations cost money.
money that was hoped to have been saved in the first place !!

and a lot of this behaviour can be put down to ONE THING.
(even the interview with an rsgb president on the arrl website shows this)

the plan to get rid of compulsory morse testing for hf access.

Old November 12th 05, 02:02 PM
zjjPK

"The Magnum" wrote:

"Dana" wrote in message
.com...
The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just

its not absurd.

if you did the morse test you would understand.