Old November 18th 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.cb

Default FAQ

See my earlier post. Doesn't take long, does it?

Steveo wrote:

F*ck off, asshat.

Old November 19th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

The Magnum wrote:

....(snip)
Lol, great command of the English language there. I wonder if his morse is
as bad........
(snip)

......****. your **** now trying to say Amateurs above the entry level
never cause interference or mess about sometimes on the air.... b-ll-cks.

Old November 26th 05, 09:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

Default Hey, Magnum (was FAQ)...

"Peter" wrote...

IIRC, Little Britain...
"You smell nice, what is it?"

"Murray Mints."

Maybe it was on the radio series, I have the CD set.
I remember, with my alder relatives, Nutalls Mintos and mint imperials... but it always seems
to be mints. Avoid mints at all costs, it's a sign that you are getting old.

Did you see the first in the new series of Little Britain?
All day, the top news was that the new series was starting. The following day, top news was
the ratings... 9 million viewers. At this rate, it may overtake the soaps.

Oh my, the roly-polies in that naked fight scene. I had to look away to avoid throwing
up at the sight of it.

Regards,

Peter.

Old December 9th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Dana

I enjoyed the code at 1 time, but not anymore.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, The Magnum wrote:

"Dana" wrote in message
.com...
The mistake the FCC made was dropping the code requirment down to 5 wpm.
Lots of nivices squeeked under the wire.

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just
talk to people? I know all about the arguements about it getting through
when all else fails but is it really life and death?? If i cant get through
on the radio I use a Phone or the Internet. After all its just a hobby.
Besides, doesnt all that dot dot dot.. dash dash dash give you a headache
after a while??
Dont get me wrong, im not having a go at Amateurs im just asking the
question.. why is it so important?

Regards,
Graham

Old December 9th 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Dana

You know what? I can't copy CW as fast as I used to either. I got into
radio before some of you was born.

Old December 10th 05, 05:39 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Steveo

Dana wrote:
You know what? I can't copy CW

Not surprising, you can't quote the text you're responding to either, top X
posting ****wit.
Old December 10th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Paul Burridge

What is this absurd fascination with Morse Code? Wouldnt you rather just
talk to people? I know all about the arguements about it getting through
when all else fails but is it really life and death?? If i cant get through
on the radio I use a Phone or the Internet. After all its just a hobby.
Besides, doesnt all that dot dot dot.. dash dash dash give you a headache
after a while??
Dont get me wrong, im not having a go at Amateurs im just asking the
question.. why is it so important?

It has its own abiding fascination for some of us. And if you get
selfish idiots on SSB encroaching on the CW end of bands, you can blow
them away without difficulty and still carry on an uninterrupted QSO
with fellow CWers.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd" - William Blake
Old December 10th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
The Magnum

"Paul Burridge" k wrote
in message ...

[...]

Then that's fine for you and your CW friends but is it really the top goal
all Amateurs set out to achieve... to go dah dah dah dit dit dit dah dah
dah? Don't you also enjoy talking to distance stations with your voice too?
I agree that the part of the spectrum allocated to Morse should be left for
Morse and those who wish to use Morse should have a slightly different level
of licence/callsign to acknowledge this but it seems its always but "always"
levelled at us with any discussion about seemingly low licensed
intermediates/M3's/general class that unless your an extra class/advanced
you are some sort of trailer park scum. Not for one minute am I saying you
say this but its the general impression most get from some "alleged" full
licence holders in these newsgroups.

Regards and Happy Christmas,
Graham

--
_._. _... ._. ._ _.. .. _ _ _

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73's - Graham (www.open-channel.co.uk)

Old December 11th 05, 01:11 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Paul Burridge

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:36:30 -0000, "The Magnum"
wrote:

Then that's fine for you and your CW friends but is it really the top goal
all Amateurs set out to achieve... to go dah dah dah dit dit dit dah dah
dah? Don't you also enjoy talking to distance stations with your voice too?

No. I know that sounds odd but it's true. Can't really explain it, I
guess. :-|
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd" - William Blake
Old December 11th 05, 04:16 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Dana

Well, not that old now, LOL. 49.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Walt Davidson wrote:

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:51:41 -0500, Dana wrote:

You know what? I can't copy CW as fast as I used to either. I got into
radio before some of you was born.

Well, before most of the 6-year-old M3s, anyway.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com