Old December 5th 05, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Ed White

Default Looking for Recommendations for an Xmas Gift

My Son wants a CB Radio fro Christmas. I am willing to buy him one, but
have no exerpience in this area and would love some recommendations for
the radio and antenna. We live in an urban area. I would prefer a radio
that can be easily moved between vehicles. I am looking for a good
quality radio, but don't put a high priority on "cool."

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,

Ed White

Old December 5th 05, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Ed White

Up to $325.00 unless there is a really good reason to go higher.
Naturally, I'd prefer to go lower.

Thanks for asking.

Regards,

Ed White

Old December 5th 05, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Ed White

Additioanl Information - my Son has mentioned several models his
friends have recommended:

1) Magnum S6 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=853
2) Uniden PC78 ELITE CB Radio W. Weather -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=923
3) Cobra 29 NW CLASSIC CB Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...products_id=30
4) Connex 4800DXL 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=481
5) Magnum DeltaForce All-Mode 10 Meter -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=503

I assume getting the right antenna is important, so I need
recommendations on those as well.

Regards,

Ed White

Old December 5th 05, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Ed*White)
Additioanl Information - my Son has mentioned several models his friends
have recommended:
1) Magnum S6 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=853
2) Uniden PC78 ELITE CB Radio W. Weather -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=923
3) Cobra 29 NW CLASSIC CB Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...products_id=30
4) Connex 4800DXL 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=481
5) Magnum DeltaForce All-Mode 10 Meter -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=503
I assume getting the right antenna is important, so I need
recommendations on those as well.
Regards,
Ed White
_

For ease of transport between vehicles, proven quality, durability and
performance, nothing beats a Wilson magnetic mount. Go with the 500,
1000, or 5000. It will outlast most of the radios.

Old December 6th 05, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"I AmnotGeorgeBush" wrote in message
From: (Ed White)
[...]

I would also opt for the cobra 29 in addition to the Wilson. No point in
having the freeband channels if your not going to use them. And the 29 costs
less and has a long standing history of being a quality built radio.

Old December 6th 05, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

From: (Ed White)
[...]

I got the 1000. What is the 500? Is that new?

Vinnie S.
Old December 6th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On 5 Dec 2005 07:22:35 -0800, "Ed White" wrote:

Additioanl Information - my Son has mentioned several models his
friends have recommended:

1) Magnum S6 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=853
2) Uniden PC78 ELITE CB Radio W. Weather -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=923
3) Cobra 29 NW CLASSIC CB Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...products_id=30
4) Connex 4800DXL 10 Meter Amateur Radio -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=481
5) Magnum DeltaForce All-Mode 10 Meter -
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=503

I assume getting the right antenna is important, so I need
recommendations on those as well.

Regards,

Ed White

Stay away from the Cobra. The Uniden is a good unit. They have a model like that
one, without the weather channels. Weather channels are a waste.

Vinnie S.

merry xmas Doug CB 2 January 11th 05 11:36 PM
HITS OF YESTERYEAR 2004 XMAS SHOW Glenn Sauter Broadcasting 0 December 23rd 04 06:51 PM
2004 Top 10 Gift Ideas [email protected] Shortwave 1 November 29th 04 02:51 AM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone Steve Stone Shortwave 1 December 20th 03 05:43 AM
(ANOTHER...) XMAS wish for WBCQ old stinkygloves Shortwave 0 December 13th 03 05:00 AM