Old January 1st 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Default Telewave...

Anyone care to comment about this meter?
http://www.telewave.com/pdf/TWDS-3003.pdf

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old January 1st 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Professor:

Man that meter looks Bitchen!

What they want in American money for that?

Jay in the Mojave

Old January 1st 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Jay,

They ain't cheap... but what is that's any good... LOL
http://cgi.ebay.com/Telewave-Broadba...QQcmdZViewItem

Old January 1st 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

oops... wrong link... but same price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

Old January 2nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

Helo Professor:

Ok good deal I looked at it at the web site.

I am sure with all the slugs for a Bird Wattmeter to cover all the
frequencies and power levels, the price would be close.

Jay in the Mojave

Old January 3rd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Mike

I don’t know about the 2-200MHz meter but the 25-1000MHz version is not
in the same league as a Bird 43. I have owned 3 of the 25-1000MHz
versions and two of them had an intermittent OFF-FWD-REV switch. From
about 100MHz up the meter is direct reading but below 100MHz you have to
use a % chart to figure out the exact power, which is very cumbersome. A
Bird has a well made silver plated 50ohm line section and the Telewave
has an unplated aluminum line section. The Telewave connectors are much
lower quality than Bird. The Telewave also has the lower portion of the
meter designated off limits because the accuracy is way out of spec
unless you use the upper areas of the meter scale. Used Telewave meters
usually go in the $200 to $350 range.

Old January 3rd 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Mike,
I agree that meters with a "correction factor" are a pain in the ass.

I'm not quite sure what the significance of your comment about the
silver plating. Why would not having the plating on the Telewave cause
any problems?

Also... it's my opinion that the section on the Telewave meter that
shows that the user needs to change scales (to get to a higher meter
movement) is good. I have serious doubts that any of the meters (Bird
or Coaxial Dynamics) have good accuracy very low on any scale.

As for your intermittent fwd-rev switches... not sure if you bought
these meters new or they were heavily used when you experienced this
problem. In any event... the switch is probably not a very costly
item... and not too hard to replace.

The main reasons for my interest in this meter is:
Don't require DC-1GHz coverage.
Don't like goofing around and keeping track of all those slugs.

Thanks for your input!

Professor
www.telestar-electronics.com

Old January 6th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Well... just ordered one of these and a 150W load. I'll let you know
how it is.

Old January 9th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
I AmnotGeorgeBush

Here's a kick-ass meter someone in the group turned me on to many years
ago.

www.autekresearch.com/wm1.htm

Old January 9th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Looks pretty good for the money...