Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

Default balun

I am trying to build a balun. I chose the one on this web site as I like the
design
http://www.hamuniverse.com/balun.html
It states that, and I quote
"The number of turns is not critical because the inductance depends more on
the length of the wire (coax) than on the number of turns, which will vary
depending on the diameter of the plastic pipe that is used."
But it does not give the formula. It just says 18 to 21 feet.
I plan to use 4 inch pvc and I want to cover as much of the upper 11 meters
as I can. Am I better off at 18 or 21 feet?

The Eton E1 Radio and the RF Junkie "SWLZ" 9:1 Shortwave Listener's Balun with "F" Connector for RG6 (75 Ohm) Coax Cable Feed-in-Line Output RHF Shortwave 3 September 10th 05 08:21 PM
A choke balun is an impedance transformer. Reg Edwards Antenna 0 August 25th 05 08:29 AM
lumped balun balajisu Shortwave 1 July 7th 05 02:29 AM
How to measure soil constants at HF Reg Edwards Antenna 104 June 25th 05 10:46 PM
Antenna Questions ASW Shortwave 26 December 8th 03 04:30 AM