Old July 6th 05, 10:28 PM
balajisu

Default lumped balun

hi guys

i'm trying to characterise a Minicircuits balun from 10ohz to 40mhz.
and also trying to design a lumped elements balun with similar
performance of the characterised balun from MiniCircuits.

I'm trying to synthesis the balun using Genesys tool.
I have ocme to a conclusion that i won't be able to achieve the balun
for the whole range.

I jus have a crazy thought.. if incase i design three balun
corresponding to these bands -100hz to 1mhz , 1mhz to 10mhz and 10mhz
to 40mhz. Is there anyway i can combine these three structures to
achieve a balun which would from 100hz to 40mhz..

if you guys think the above idea is really crazy do pour in valuable
suggestions regardng this issue.

thanks

balaji

Old July 7th 05, 02:29 AM
Dale Parfitt

"balajisu" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi guys

i'm trying to characterise a Minicircuits balun from 10ohz to 40mhz.
and also trying to design a lumped elements balun with similar
performance of the characterised balun from MiniCircuits.

I'm trying to synthesis the balun using Genesys tool.
I have ocme to a conclusion that i won't be able to achieve the balun
for the whole range.

I jus have a crazy thought.. if incase i design three balun
corresponding to these bands -100hz to 1mhz , 1mhz to 10mhz and 10mhz
to 40mhz. Is there anyway i can combine these three structures to
achieve a balun which would from 100hz to 40mhz..

if you guys think the above idea is really crazy do pour in valuable
suggestions regardng this issue.

thanks

balaji

Send me the Genesys file, I'll have a look

Dale W4OP

How to measure soil constants at HF Reg Edwards Antenna 104 June 25th 05 10:46 PM
Parallel balun problem with wire loop loopfan Antenna 7 March 23rd 04 09:36 PM
Antenna Questions ASW Shortwave 26 December 8th 03 04:30 AM
Balun Grounding Question ? John Doty Shortwave 4 November 25th 03 12:29 PM
Balun Grounding Question ? Robert11 Antenna 6 November 23rd 03 09:39 PM