Old February 9th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

Default FA SKIPSHOOTER LINEAR (LOW DRIVE)

On 2006-02-07 11:48:55 -0500, "Fred W4JLE" said:

I have forwarded your message to Riley, you may now explain to him why a
holder of an amateur radio license would be in violation of FCC
regulations.

Fred W4JLE

The guy is bootlegging that email address. The real SMS did not post it.
It's an old lame ass internet trick....

Quit trying to defend him Fred.

Old February 9th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

On 2006-02-07 11:48:55 -0500, "Fred W4JLE" said:

I have forwarded your message to Riley, you may now explain to him why a
holder of an amateur radio license would be in violation of FCC
regulations.

Fred W4JLE

The guy is bootlegging that email address. The real SMS did not post it.
It's an old lame ass internet trick....

Quit trying to defend him Fred.

It's a well known fact that KB2SMS and N8WWM sell CB amps. Google up Doug
Adair N8WWM and you will see that selling CB amps and crappy homemade
antennas are there specialty.

Old February 14th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
JB

I know for a fact those things were designed by W6LVT

ac6tk (just a kid then)

Old February 14th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who

"JB" wrote in message
I know for a fact those things were designed by W6LVT

ac6tk (just a kid then)

I don't know what he really designed. It appears to be a standard 12 volt
amp kludged onto the back of a 12 volt power supply. Of course, he did add
some kind of metering, and moved the control switches to the front of the
power supply, but if that's designing, I have designed cars, computers, and
of course every home I have lived in since I could push a dresser around.

Old February 14th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
Steveo

"JB" wrote:
I know for a fact those things were designed by W6LVT

ac6tk (just a kid then)

Was he ever a CBer?

Old February 16th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.cb
JB

I don't know what he really designed. It appears to be a standard 12 volt
amp kludged onto the back of a 12 volt power supply. Of course, he did add
some kind of metering, and moved the control switches to the front of the
power supply, but if that's designing, I have designed cars, computers,

and
of course every home I have lived in since I could push a dresser around.

Actually they were adapted from some motorola tech notes. He wrote the
parts list, the girls built them. These were full production units until
FCC signal purity regs were instituted. They were good for heating up
external low pass filters. Beleive it or not I think the company is still
in business.

Yes he had a cb in his car. I don't see his call in the dbase any more.
Probably deceased.