Old March 9th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steve

Default FA: LAFAYETTE SSB 100, SUPER CLEAN, LAST DAY

Scott in Baltimore wrote:

Who the hell wants a 23 channel sideband unit?

It be a nice rig, I'd put a vfo on the bitch and it will go anywhere

JE
Old March 9th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

You got it Scott, it's usually more fun to listen than it is to talk
anyway. I wouldn't get too worked up about working 10M, it opens and closes
just like 11M. (ewe knew dat)

I've spent years working DX on 11, so I should be killer when it comes
to working DX on 10. I already know how the band works. Makes it easy.
I hear the seasoned hams say that 10 is dead. I tell then they should
call anyway. If no one calls, no one can hear them and come back to
them. I've told them there has been many a night that's perfectly quiet,
and then an unfamiliar voice will come out of the radio asking, "Hey,
where you alls at? I've been listening to you for half an hour."
I've also told them that just because the station they hear is weak,
to try to call them anyway. The path isn't always the same both ways.
I've also told them to listen for the telltale static that precedes
a DX opening. I don't think they want to hear an experienced DX'er give
them 10 meter hints!

I like the down-cycle on 11.

If the bro's didn't run full tilt splatterboxes, I'd enjoy it too!
If you think bleedover sounds bad on AM, flip it to sideband. It
becomes high pitched static. I don't mind folks using amps, I just
want them to do it cleanly and share the band with others.

BTW, bleedover isn't just for 11 meters. I've had overdeviated stations
use more then 15 KHz on 2 meter simplex. That sucks, too!
Old March 9th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
[...]

I think it's more of a logistics problem when you end up on two meters.
Mostly because of antenna restrictions. (as we've seen from the pics posted
here)

I understand what bleed-over is, especially when a mans aerial is so
limited.

:-)
Old March 9th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Who the hell wants a 23 channel sideband unit?

It be a nice rig, I'd put a vfo on the bitch and it will go anywhere

It may have an 858 chip. Either way, those old chips expand easily.
I wouldn't expect it to be very broadband, but you'd be able to
cover all 40. But then you'd have a hacked radio, either way.
Old March 9th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On 09 Mar 2006 03:17:54 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 09 Mar 2006 02:57:00 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Who the hell wants a 23 channel sideband unit?

Do they still run 16? hehe

I haven't heard anybody there in years. It's all on 38 LSB.

That's it especially for DX. If 38 lsb is quiet, it's a good time for
talking ground wave 70 mile stuff, which is fun too. You're right with
the 38, forget the freeband except for once in a while.

I can hit Balitomore on GW on LSB. That is like 90 miles !

Vinnie S.

That's a good trip..without a beam too right?

Imax-2000.

Vinnie S.