RadioBanter

-   -   DSB SC Mode (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/96297-dsb-sc-mode.html)

james June 13th 06 05:24 PM

DSB SC Mode

On 13 Jun 2006 07:16:29 -0700, wrote:

+++'bz2' is a compressed format, it is open source, and frequently used in
+++Linux.
+++It has a higher compression ratio then for exmpel 'zip' or tgz.
+++the correct way to 'unpack' it in Linux / unix is:
+++tar -jxvf frequency_counter-0.2.1.bz2
+++In MS windows there is as far as i knwo no correct way to do anything,
+++so I
+++cannot help you there.

*****************

IZARC will open and read .BZ2 files

works well under Windoze XP SP2

james

Jan Panteltje June 13th 06 09:04 PM

DSB SC Mode

On a sunny day (Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:39:49 -0500) it happened "PowerHouse
Communications" wrote in
:

You would only find verilog source files anyways, and then complain you
cannot read verilog (language), that posting really was on level3, you
were still on level 1.

I could really give a **** less what planet you are on, I asked a simple
question, all you had to do was answer it without your nasty attitude.

It was nice of you to provide a link, however I'd roughly guess that over
98% of the people reading this group, including the person you replied to,
does not use Linux, and therefore would have no use for the file. Oh, and
since you have a cocky attitude about you, let me return the favor... IT'S
"example", NOT "exmpel"!

Yea, but we were actually playing a game, although you may not have known
when you dropped into to it.

The issue of the game is to 'up the tech level' the top level is unlimited.

Verilog, as hardware description langue is not bound to any OS.
It is just a text format to describe how gates and other logic is connected
in a chip.

Somebody else has already explained how to unpack that file on a Billy Gates
OS.

Yea the spelling, often lots of data distortion from this planet.
noise, cracks... sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
grin

DrDeath June 13th 06 10:01 PM

DSB SC Mode

"Bob Dobbs EC42" wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.13.09.51.46.204000@Quetzalcoatl.. .
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:01:33 -0500, DrDeath wrote:

Nope, if you listen with your rig set to AM and the transmission is
DSB-SC you will hear a garbled mess.

Where might one encounter such a transmission? I've never heard anything
like that on the air, oh sure there's plenty of ****ty audio out there,
but not any that becomes clear with the BFO except SSB.

From a DSB-SC tranceiver of course. They DID used to make such a critter.

If you set both rigs to AM and lower the
deadkey to say an 1/8 watt with 15 watts of swing you can understand the
low dead key rig.

I'm failing to see a distinction between what you just described and
DSBSC.

It means if you listen to DSB-SC on an AM radio it will sound like ****.

DrDeath June 13th 06 10:02 PM

DSB SC Mode

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in message
On a sunny day (Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:01:33 -0500) it happened "DrDeath"
wrote in :

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
groups.com...
Yes... at least the discussion is something interesting... instead of
dougie this and dougie that... whoever dougie is... LOL

I still trying to research this topic.... since there seems to be
considerably different views of DSB-SC out here. I'm starting to think
my original statement that a very high swing AM transmission can be
considered a DSB-SC... and requires no special BFO tuning.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Nope, if you listen with your rig set to AM and the transmission is DSB-SC
you will hear a garbled mess.

Exactly!

Thank you! Obviously Bob doesn't get it yet.

james June 13th 06 10:17 PM

DSB SC Mode

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:25:42 GMT, Bob Dobbs EC42
wrote:

+++On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:23:40 +0000, james wrote:
+++
+++ Jan
+++
+++ I don't have to go through your exercises, I am very well familiar
+++ with diode ring demodulators and various other techniques to
+++ demodulate audio in amplitude modualted sysytems. I am well aware of
+++ the trade offs in effectiveness and costs of may different aprroaches.
+++
+++ james
+++
+++Those "exercises' were meant more as ego flaunting diversions.

**********

I could really care less what their intentions were.

james

DrDeath June 13th 06 10:33 PM

DSB SC Mode

"Bob Dobbs EC42" wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.13.21.20.39.318000@Quetzalcoatl.. .
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:02:23 -0500, DrDeath wrote:

Thank you! Obviously Bob doesn't get it yet.

Maybe not, my ego isn't so fragile as to preclude error,
but I have to admit prior to experiencing this effect,
my tendency is to cling to my beliefs.

As is true of many of us. I have found that changing a belief system to be
next to impossible.

an_old_friend June 14th 06 12:04 AM

DSB SC Mode

DrDeath wrote:

As is true of many of us. I have found that changing a belief system to be
next to impossible.

indeed you do in fact you prefer to try to beat up any fact that does
not confrom to your belief system which is of course why you have a
problem with me I do not fit your beliefs and so you refuse to accet I
exist as I am

Telstar Electronics June 14th 06 12:49 PM

DSB SC Mode

All right... let's not let this discussion deteriorate into something
like Steveo and DrDeath would participate in... LOL
The facts (or lack of) have been presented. It's up to the individual
to research this topic further and draw his (or her) own conclusion.

Frankly, I thought it was rather interesting... and if it'll make
anyone happy out there... I admit to being wrong. That said, I'm
looking forward to seeing some other interesting threads.

www.telstar-electronics.com

PowerHouse Communications June 14th 06 05:36 PM

DSB SC Mode

[...]

Nope, wasn't aware of that, thanks for filling me in...

The issue of the game is to 'up the tech level' the top level is

unlimited.

Verilog, as hardware description langue is not bound to any OS.
It is just a text format to describe how gates and other logic is

connected
in a chip.

So, if I were to try "viewing" this in a text editor, I should be able to
see it? Let try...

I see where I had a problem... The decompressed file needed to be
decompressed as well. Now the folder shows it's face, with all files
within... :) I jumped the gun too soon... Got it now.. TAR archive
within a BZIP2 archive...

DrDeath June 14th 06 08:53 PM

DSB SC Mode

"Bob Dobbs EC42" wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.14.09.55.57.604000@Quetzalcoatl.. .
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:33:44 -0500, DrDeath wrote:

"Bob Dobbs EC42" wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.13.21.20.39.318000@Quetzalcoatl.. .
On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:02:23 -0500, DrDeath wrote:

Thank you! Obviously Bob doesn't get it yet.

Maybe not, my ego isn't so fragile as to preclude error, but I have to
admit prior to experiencing this effect, my tendency is to cling to my
beliefs.

As is true of many of us. I have found that changing a belief system to
be next to impossible.

You seem to have a civility that lends credence to your position. That's
why I'm interested in doing some fine tuning on my beliefs, whereas that
Panteltje fellow is too uncouth to take seriously.

Why thanks Bob, but I have lost my civility a time or two on this NG, LOL.