Old July 5th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Give up CB for Ham?

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

Old July 5th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote in message
ups.com...
Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

It's true what you have posted.
We true amateur ops welcome you into our service with open
arms........really! There are many clubs with varied interest. Our club's
main focus is scatology. Our FD was great! We smeared **** all over
ourselves and then sucked and ****ed well into the night! CUM one CUM all!

Old July 5th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote in message
ups.com...
Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

I think you need new bait, this one stinks.

Old July 5th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:46:13 GMT, Bob Dobbs EC42
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:59:29 -0700, anythingkinky wrote:

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

After you do the mod on that HAM radio, sure, HAM radios generally perform
better than those dedicated CB monoband units.

Except on AM. The ham radios are better on sideband, but I have not
seen a ham radio yet that has an AM receiver as good as some of the
better CB's with the exception of selectivity.

Most ham radios only manage a selectivity rating of 1 uv or worse at
10db S/N on AM. Most CB's are 0.5 uv at 10 db S/N on AM. The Kenwood
TS-940 only manages a miserable 2 uv at 10 db S/N on AM.

I personally one the following ham radios;

1) Drake TR-7
2) Drake 4 B line twins
3) Kenwood TS-450sat
4) Kenwood TS-850sat
5) Tempo 2020
6) Radio Shack HTX-10

and I use to own...

1) Yaesu FT-757GX
2) Yaesu FT-101e

The Drake R-4B and the Yaesu FT-101e had the best AM receivers, but
their noise blankers were not very good.

On AM a Realistic TRC-451, Cobra 148 GTL re-issue, or Cobra 2000 will
out perform the above ham radios as far as sensitivity and noise
blanking. On sideband the Kenwood TS-450sat, tthe Kenwood TS-850sat,
and the Tempo 2020 will blow away a CB radio. The Drake TR-7 is very
selective, but even my Realistic TRC-451 is more sensitive on sideband
than the Drake TR-7.

Old July 5th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 5 Jul 2006 12:59:29 -0700, wrote:

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

By all means replace it and forever leave CB behind. While you're
at it don't forget to remove rec.radio.cb from your newsreader.

Old July 6th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:56:18 -0400, "clfe"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On 5 Jul 2006 12:59:29 -0700, wrote:

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

By all means replace it and forever leave CB behind. While you're
at it don't forget to remove rec.radio.cb from your newsreader.

Seems to me this original question appeared here about 4 months ago or so!
Is it my news reader replaying OR is someone else "reposting"?

It's the same story over and over. Usually an outcasted ham posts
to rec.radio.cb in this derogitory manner. It's a amateurish attempt
to self justify their superiorirty. They simple put down others in
order to bring themself up.

The only problem is this. If they were truly superior they would never
feel the need to do this. When they resort to putting CB down it does
just the opposite of what they think. It exposes an inferior feeling
and their self conscienceness to it.

Maybe it is me, I must be missing "something". I started out with CB - got
into Ham AND Electronics due to my admiration of the latter. Both services
have their place. Each "does" have it's share of lunatics. There "used" to
be a channel here where EVERY NIGHT - about 4 or 5 would do NOTHING but
fight. That makes no sense to me. They threatened to fire bomb each other,
kill each other, kick each other's ass, etc. It was plain ridiculous. A
waste of money on Radio equipment, electricity, etc. I've heard some hams
get on air and do just as goofy of things. Me, I prefer to get on whatever
band, have a nice conversation and call it a day. Just like any group, be it
groups of humanity, cops, "professional driver", doctors, lawyers, etc......
we ALL have our bad apples. That will never cease.
Why not try to "enjoy" life with out the provocation relating to radio -
etc. Just because I have an Extra class license - does NOT make me any
better than many CBers. There are many who know electronics and just chose
to never go get a license. Same with 2 way radio techs, they chose not to
get involved. No big deal.
Why cut each other up? JUST ENJOY THE HOBBY......... Cutting each other up,
fighing, etc - is NOT "enjoyment".