Old July 26th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Cobra29LTD Classic

Is there a magic key to Cobra's parts numbers on this radio? I'm looking at
I "believe" D12 (not looking at notes so I may be off one number) - but it
is the RF detect / SWR Calibrate diode I'm interested in. It appears to be a
1N60 in the radio. I have two faults to correct in this beast - the SWR
isn't calibrating NOR measuring forward power. The other is a missing
sengment on the lower part of the ones digit. I am hoping it is a bad solder
joint or something stupid. The person doesn't want it replaced (to save
money) - but I hate seeing things go out half assed. I'm working on getting
the diode straightened out first. That will be job #2 of 3 done.

Old July 26th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"clfe" wrote in message
Is there a magic key to Cobra's parts numbers on this radio? I'm looking
at I "believe" D12 (not looking at notes so I may be off one number) - but
it is the RF detect / SWR Calibrate diode I'm interested in. It appears to
be a 1N60 in the radio. I have two faults to correct in this beast - the
SWR isn't calibrating NOR measuring forward power. The other is a missing
sengment on the lower part of the ones digit. I am hoping it is a bad
solder joint or something stupid. The person doesn't want it replaced (to
save money) - but I hate seeing things go out half assed. I'm working on
getting the diode straightened out first. That will be job #2 of 3 done.

I "probably" could look the damned number up in other literature I have, but
it is all buried at the moment. Have no chance of getting to it any time
soon. So, I DO appreciate any help in the mean time.

#2 of 3 done.

I "probably" could look the damned number up in other literature I have,
but it is all buried at the moment. Have no chance of getting to it any
time soon. So, I DO appreciate any help in the mean time.

You can get a schematic and parts list, depending on what model you are
working on, at www.cbtricks.com . The display is probably shot if the unit
is old and well used. Some are interchangeable depending upon the model. You
could rob one from a parts unit if you have one.

Old July 27th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"clfe" wrote in
:

Is there a magic key to Cobra's parts numbers on this radio? I'm looking
at I "believe" D12 (not looking at notes so I may be off one number) -
but it is the RF detect / SWR Calibrate diode I'm interested in. It
appears to be a 1N60 in the radio. I have two faults to correct in this
beast - the SWR isn't calibrating NOR measuring forward power. The other
is a missing sengment on the lower part of the ones digit. I am hoping
it is a bad solder joint or something stupid. The person doesn't want it
replaced (to save money) - but I hate seeing things go out half assed.
I'm working on getting the diode straightened out first. That will be
job #2 of 3 done.

CB's are disposable.

Just throw it in the dumpster and buy a new one.

sc

Cobra29LTD Classic clfe CB 2 July 23rd 06 01:56 AM
Classic Shortwave Antenna for a Classic {Tube} Shortwave Radio / Receiver RHF Shortwave 13 May 1st 06 06:22 AM
Alice Cooper joins Philly's #1 Classic Rock Station for Nights [email protected] Scanner 0 February 27th 06 09:17 PM
Alice Cooper joins Philly's #1 Classic Rock Station for Nights [email protected] Dx 0 February 27th 06 09:17 PM
Alice Cooper joins Philly's #1 Classic Rock Station for Nights [email protected] General 0 February 27th 06 09:17 PM