Old August 19th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default ACC2-connector on Kenwood TS2000 for RTTY with MicroKEYER

While trying to hook-up a MCP ( a MicroKEYER from MicroHAM) to the
TS2000, I discovered the MCP doesn't work while connected to the ACC2
connector on the radio.

I try to use the TS2000 with the MicroKEYER for RTTY-FSK.

My problem is this : on the pins 3&4 (= AF output + GND to connect to
the MCP for digital operations) is NO (audio)signal ! ,(only about
100mV DC) , this for ALL modes (FSK,CW, LSB , USB , AM) EXCEPT for FM.
In FM-mode there is on these pins a nice and proper audiosignal (!). (I
assure you I measured the signal on these pins with a scope and
listened with headphones.).

In the radio's MENU (n°50) I adjusted the audio level for max. (9).
It doesn't make any difference. I read carefully the manual, and I
think all the radio settings are correct.

This is very unclear for me , no audio for FSK/LSB where it is needed
most, and nice audio in FM when this isn't needed.

The solution I use momentary is using the speaker output of the radio
for RTTY operations. A disadvantage is that I have to use the radio's
main AF control to adjust the signal level in stead of the radio's
menu 50.

I really would like to use the ACC2-signal for RTTY-operations.

Is there something wrong with my radio, or do I something wrong ? I
would appreciate it very much if you could help me.
These are my radio menu settings:

FSK shift 170Hz
(menu 38)
FSK polarity :INVERSE (menu
39) necessary with MicroKEYER
FSK tone 2125Hz
(menu 40)
TNC Main and SUBband AF output : 9 (menu 50CD)
External TNC :MAIN Band (menu
50E)

Old August 25th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

In article .com,
"Stefaan" wrote:

While trying to hook-up a MCP ( a MicroKEYER from MicroHAM) to the
TS2000, I discovered the MCP doesn't work while connected to the ACC2
connector on the radio.

Thanks...... I will not waste my money on one for my TS-570

fs: Kenwood kpt50 repeater radio programmer Skipp is back Antenna 0 June 16th 06 04:22 PM
Kenwood R-5000 (R5000) Receiver - Information and Resources RHF Shortwave 1 January 17th 05 01:03 PM
Kenwood TS570, PSK31, PTT and the ACC2 port. Steven Spiroff Digital 2 July 30th 03 01:05 PM
FS: Kenwood TS2000 Sammy Piraino Swap 2 July 30th 03 01:02 AM
Kenwood TS570, PSK31, PTT and the ACC2 port. Steven Spiroff Digital 0 July 29th 03 07:03 PM