RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   setting up rigblaster (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/106915-setting-up-rigblaster.html)

wf3h October 13th 06 02:59 AM

setting up rigblaster

OK I can get my blaster to TX or RX but not both. If I set the VOX
high it goes to TX. If low it stays on RX. If intermediate it
oscillates. Any answers?

Alan WA4SCA October 13th 06 07:02 AM

setting up rigblaster

Rig?

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Edward Feustel October 13th 06 11:15 AM

setting up rigblaster

"wf3h" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK I can get my blaster to TX or RX but not both. If I set the VOX
high it goes to TX. If low it stays on RX. If intermediate it
oscillates. Any answers?

Could it be RF feedback through the mike cable?
That is what happened to me.
Ed, N5EI

wf3h October 13th 06 11:58 PM

setting up rigblaster

Alan WA4SCA wrote:
Rig?

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Hi Alan

Using 756 proII and old Pentium computer with sound card

wf3h October 13th 06 11:59 PM

setting up rigblaster

Edward Feustel wrote:
"wf3h" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK I can get my blaster to TX or RX but not both. If I set the VOX
high it goes to TX. If low it stays on RX. If intermediate it
oscillates. Any answers?

Could it be RF feedback through the mike cable?
That is what happened to me.
Ed, N5EI

You know it DOES sound like feedback, but it happens even with the mike
disconnected...go figure!

wf3h October 15th 06 11:53 PM

setting up rigblaster

wf3h wrote:
OK I can get my blaster to TX or RX but not both. If I set the VOX
high it goes to TX. If low it stays on RX. If intermediate it
oscillates. Any answers?

got it...line balance control needed to be muted. once that was done
everything worked fine

thanks everyone