Old January 31st 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default Vista compatibility with APRSPoint

We did extensive testing with APRSPoint on the new Vista OS, so far
all functionalities worked with no problems. The usb/serial
converter(IO Gear GUC232A) we used is also accepted by Vista using its
XP driver. Vista seems to have good backward compatibility, and the
interface looks nicer.

Old February 1st 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
JDB JDB is offline

The problem with APRSPoint is not the operating system. The problem is that
the author and seller of the program does little to enhance the program. It
does not meet the APRS spec and lacks functionality that is much needed to
make this a full functioning APRS program. The author also sponsors
a "support" group on Yahoo Groups. The program with him and the group is
that if you say anything critical of the program the author censors the
post so no one else will get a bad impression - or should I say honest
impression of the APRSPoint program. Be advised, until he starts fixing and
enhancing the program and accepts honest feedback in his forum, stay away
from this program. You can use AGWTracker, Xastir, WinAPRS and UI-View.

wrote:

We did extensive testing with APRSPoint on the new Vista OS, so far
all functionalities worked with no problems. The usb/serial
converter(IO Gear GUC232A) we used is also accepted by Vista using its
XP driver. Vista seems to have good backward compatibility, and the
interface looks nicer.

APRSPoint president's day sale [email protected] Homebrew 0 February 21st 06 06:23 PM
APRSPoint president's day sale [email protected] Equipment 0 February 21st 06 06:22 PM
APRSPoint holiday special [email protected] Antenna 0 December 28th 05 09:42 AM
APRSPoint clearance sale Michael Dx 0 August 15th 03 10:54 AM
APRSPoint clearance sale Michael Dx 0 August 15th 03 10:54 AM