Old July 22nd 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default sound card programs under Viista

My new machine will have Windows Vista on it. I have discovered that some
programs for digital modes don't work on Vista and that MMSCAN and MMTTY, on
their web site, state that their programs do not work properly on Vista and
that they do not intend to correct this.

So, what does everyone plan to do? Stay with Windows XP? I kind of think
that I will take XP off my old PC and delete Vista from the new one and put
the old XP on the new one and pretend that Microsoft never tried to
"improve" its operating system.

Butch Magee KF5DE

Old September 17th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Butch Magee wrote:
My new machine will have Windows Vista on it. I have discovered that
some programs for digital modes don't work on Vista and that MMSCAN and
MMTTY, on their web site, state that their programs do not work properly
on Vista and that they do not intend to correct this.

So, what does everyone plan to do? Stay with Windows XP? I kind of
think that I will take XP off my old PC and delete Vista from the new
one and put the old XP on the new one and pretend that Microsoft never
tried to "improve" its operating system.

Butch Magee KF5DE

Many of the new computers won't work correctly with Xp, as they are
built with Vista in mind, and their are no Xp drivers for some of that
hardware.

--
http://70.130.32.96:15733/
Old September 18th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Butch Magee wrote:

My new machine will have Windows Vista on it. I have discovered that some
programs for digital modes don't work on Vista and that MMSCAN and MMTTY,
on their web site, state that their programs do not work properly on Vista
and that they do not intend to correct this.

So, what does everyone plan to do? Stay with Windows XP? I kind of think
that I will take XP off my old PC and delete Vista from the new one and
put the old XP on the new one and pretend that Microsoft never tried to
"improve" its operating system.

Butch Magee KF5DE

Hello,

Did you really need to buy vista?
There will probably never be any support for this bugged OS.
I run MMSSTV, MMTTY SmartPSK and Winlog32 under MDV 2007.1 with no problem.

If you don't like the Linux penguin, try BSD.

It's time now to tell M$ to keep it's bull****.

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-
Old October 7th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

"Butch Magee" a écrit dans le message de news:
My new machine will have Windows Vista on it. I have discovered that some
programs for digital modes don't work on Vista and that MMSCAN and MMTTY,
on their web site, state that their programs do not work properly on Vista
and that they do not intend to correct this.

So, what does everyone plan to do? Stay with Windows XP? I kind of think
that I will take XP off my old PC and delete Vista from the new one and
put the old XP on the new one and pretend that Microsoft never tried to
"improve" its operating system.

Just to through my two cents in. I've been running vista on my laptop
since the RTM in January 2007. I'm a programmer by trade and was
testing it for work more than anything. Any way to the point. I've
been running MMTV and MMTTY along with Ham Radio Deluxe (my main logging
program) under vista with no issues. The one thing I did notice was
that some of the menu options that want to manage the sound card don't
work. Like in MMSTV under the "Options" menu there are two options for
sound card input and output. They don't bring up the audio sliders.
But not a big deal you can just right click on the speaker icon in the
system tray (by the time lower right) and adjust it that way. I'm not
usually a Microsoft supporter (in fact all of my machine at home are
Gentoo Linux) but I don't mind Vista.

Stephen
VE6CPU

interface for VX-6e and PC sound card giangiammy Digital 0 February 8th 07 01:45 PM
FA: MFJ-1275 Sound Card Bob Equipment 0 July 13th 05 02:23 PM
Sound Card or Serial TNC Jerry Digital 1 July 9th 05 06:08 AM
sound card Marco S Hyman Digital 8 April 1st 05 08:17 AM
Sound card installed? FAZAMY Homebrew 5 January 15th 04 06:45 PM