Old August 10th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default What are the Tones on 14.077 ?

Hi

I have been using Multipsk for a while, there are tones around 14.077
which sound like a slow MFSK. I have tried copying them without
success using MFSK16,MFSK8, Domino etc. I seems slower than MFSK16/8.
Any idears ?

TIA

Old August 10th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:17:11 +0100, Diogel
wrote:

Hi

I have been using Multipsk for a while, there are tones around 14.077
which sound like a slow MFSK. I have tried copying them without
success using MFSK16,MFSK8, Domino etc. I seems slower than MFSK16/8.
Any idears ?

TIA

I think I have found the answer to my own question. The signals appear
to be JT65A
Old August 11th 07, 09:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

wrote:

Hi

I have been using Multipsk for a while, there are tones around 14.077
which sound like a slow MFSK. I have tried copying them without
success using MFSK16,MFSK8, Domino etc. I seems slower than MFSK16/8.
Any idears ?

TIA

I think I have found the answer to my own question. The signals appear
to be JT65A

Had the same problem here. Tried many different programs to decode but
all of them failed. In QST there was a notice about JT65 being used on
HF, and this link which helped me to have my first JT65 QSO within a few
days: http://obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm

To see who's currently active in JT65 and on what frequency, check
http://www.chris.org/cgi-bin/jt65talk

73, Markus
Old August 12th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

wrote:

Hi

I have been using Multipsk for a while, there are tones around 14.077
which sound like a slow MFSK. I have tried copying them without
success using MFSK16,MFSK8, Domino etc. I seems slower than MFSK16/8.
Any idears ?

TIA

I think I have found the answer to my own question. The signals appear
to be JT65A

Had the same problem here. Tried many different programs to decode but
all of them failed. In QST there was a notice about JT65 being used on
HF, and this link which helped me to have my first JT65 QSO within a few
days: http://obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm

To see who's currently active in JT65 and on what frequency, check
http://www.chris.org/cgi-bin/jt65talk

73, Markus

Thanks for the tip Markus.

Tried out JT65 tonight and just had a local repeatedly replying
OVERDRIVE OVERDRIVE whilst I was running 20W from an FT1000MP a 100W
rig, no ALC and low SWR ????.

Still have a lot to learn.

73
Old August 19th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Diogel wrote:
Hi

I have been using Multipsk for a while, there are tones around 14.077
which sound like a slow MFSK. I have tried copying them without
success using MFSK16,MFSK8, Domino etc. I seems slower than MFSK16/8.
Any idears ?

TIA

Those tones are from the FT65 mode that is used with the WSJT weak
signal software. The calling
frequency is 14076 or there about.

W0TUP

pl tones FLYFISHING PI Scanner 0 August 7th 04 01:48 PM
control tones on FRS PDRUNEN CB 2 June 21st 04 02:02 AM
Need "PL" tones, Burlington Co, NJ VHFRadioBuff Scanner 1 January 9th 04 04:08 PM
Does FRS and Ham radio use the same PL tones?? private Scanner 3 October 31st 03 11:46 AM
Tones Alan Lansburger CB 9 August 4th 03 01:37 PM