Old December 21st 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default Connecting computer to IC_725

Hi,
Ive been out of the ham radio loop for a bit and need some guidance. I
have an Icom IC-725 xcvr and want to know what kind of cable and where to
get a good deal on it, to connect my Vista computer to my rig. Ive seen
some CV-I(?) cables, but dont really know what I need. I have the DXLab
suite and would like to use that program as my control program (If there are
any better interfaces out there, Id be open to hearing about them). Ive
seen some cables for about $14 to $35 that look like they only have a small
phone connector on one end and a usb connector on the other, and come with a
driver on cd. Is this something that would work for me? Or do I need to
look for something else? Any help is appreciated. TIA.
Brian