RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Low sunspot activity boosts digital communications (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/142426-low-sunspot-activity-boosts-digital-communications.html)

[email protected] April 8th 09 04:10 PM

Low sunspot activity boosts digital communications

Hello fellow Hams.

One of the reasons I developed HamSphere - the virtual Ionosphere, was
the lack of sun spot activity. And I expected the system to hold for
say a few years, and then gradually see a declining amount of users as
the real
shortwave ham radio bands woke up again.

But I picked up a QSO on HamSphere the other day regarding sun spots.
And I couldn't beleive my ears. They said that the sun spots might
even disappear??? The sun's activity seems to be the lowest in many
decades.
I haven't been on shortwave lately, but is it really that bad
propagation people say?

Best regards
Kelly Linderman
SM7NHC