Old April 8th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default Low sunspot activity boosts digital communications

Hello fellow Hams.

One of the reasons I developed HamSphere - the virtual Ionosphere, was
the lack of sun spot activity. And I expected the system to hold for
say a few years, and then gradually see a declining amount of users as
the real
shortwave ham radio bands woke up again.

But I picked up a QSO on HamSphere the other day regarding sun spots.
And I couldn't beleive my ears. They said that the sun spots might
even disappear??? The sun's activity seems to be the lowest in many
decades.
I haven't been on shortwave lately, but is it really that bad
propagation people say?

Best regards
Kelly Linderman
SM7NHC
www.HamSphere.com

Digital SW Communications. [email protected] Shortwave 4 January 30th 07 07:04 PM
Sunspot activity Jay in the Mojave CB 4 December 17th 06 03:11 AM
FA: 5 ELECTRONICS Books - DIGITAL Electronics, Digital Communications, Circuits, etc. Pat Equipment 0 November 7th 05 01:19 AM
FA: Universal M-7000 Digital Modes Communications Terminal W8KZW Swap 0 February 18th 05 03:30 PM
FS New Prepaid Boosts CrystalWireless Swap 0 October 1st 03 08:23 PM