Old September 30th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default SeaTTY for FAX ?

Does anyone know how to exactly adjust the settings for frequency etc, to be
able to decode properly from in my case DDK3 ?
My radio is an IC-7400 and the alleged frequency is 7880khz. Some says to
set it 1.9 khz below and choose USB, other says above and LSB.

And there is some red bars in the software too, still i dont get it to
auto-start, it detects an APT tone, but then "False APT tone ignored" and NO
autostart at all...

Any suggestions ?
(i got S9+ on the received signal, so that is not the problem)

Old May 4th 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Den 02.11.2009 18:20, skrev John W:
Hi Torbjørn

I don't know much about SeaTTY but most other FAX software states that you
must tune 1.9kHz below the frequency of the station and use USB. LSB usage
is rare. HF fax is usually 120, 90 or 60 LPM (lines per minute) with 576 or
288 IOC (index of correlation). So make sure everything is set up properly.
If there is an APT setting then that will probably be referring to 137MHz
satellite transmissions. Some software uses the start tone of the FAX
transmission to determine the IOC value.

Hope this Helps.

73

JOHN M5AML

Many thanks for the info there. I did manage to find a solution, it
turned out that my soundcard needed a calibration. Obvious no problems
with normal audio/movies but with SeaTTY it was quite needed.

73
Torbjorn, LA6WLA