Old January 11th 05, 02:22 AM
Ultra Kiasu

Default Any good 13cm WideCoverage Receiver?

I had scoured the net for cheaper 13cm (2.3-2.6 GHz) widecoverage
receiver with fine adjustable stepping LCD controller.

So far, had only found these 2 main suppliers at http://www.13cm.co.uk
and http://www.g1mfg.com which both is UK based.

G1MFG products look good but expensive, while 13cm's were cheap but
crude (required DIY connections).

Is there cheaper alternative, or better, ready-made (minimal
construction required) which LCD controller built-in?

I believe that since the main radio components are supplied by
Taiwanese company, Comtech, there should be more similar products
around the world, or at least, "clones".

Any good recommendation?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

PS: Appreciate if you could email me a copy of your reply.

Old January 11th 05, 06:21 PM
Chris Eilbeck

"Ultra Kiasu" writes:

I had scoured the net for cheaper 13cm (2.3-2.6 GHz) widecoverage
receiver with fine adjustable stepping LCD controller.

So far, had only found these 2 main suppliers at http://www.13cm.co.uk
and http://www.g1mfg.com which both is UK based.

G1MFG products look good but expensive, while 13cm's were cheap but
crude (required DIY connections).

Is there cheaper alternative, or better, ready-made (minimal
construction required) which LCD controller built-in?

I believe that since the main radio components are supplied by
Taiwanese company, Comtech, there should be more similar products
around the world, or at least, "clones".

Any good recommendation?

If you're not up to hooking up a LCD controller and a receiver then
your only real option is a videosender receiver.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/
Old January 12th 05, 03:15 PM
David Norris

posted & mailed

Ultra Kiasu wrote:

I had scoured the net for cheaper 13cm (2.3-2.6 GHz) widecoverage
receiver with fine adjustable stepping LCD controller.

So far, had only found these 2 main suppliers at http://www.13cm.co.uk
and http://www.g1mfg.com which both is UK based.

G1MFG products look good but expensive, while 13cm's were cheap but
crude (required DIY connections).

Is there cheaper alternative, or better, ready-made (minimal
construction required) which LCD controller built-in?

I believe that since the main radio components are supplied by
Taiwanese company, Comtech, there should be more similar products
around the world, or at least, "clones".

Any good recommendation?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

PS: Appreciate if you could email me a copy of your reply.

The receivers which ship with 2.4GHz wireless cameras may be available
separately, but only cover the 2.4-2.5 GHz area. Typically 4 channels. To
be honest. the LCD although looking good isn't really vital since video is
so wideband that you'll soon get to remember which is which, and a small
tuning error isn't the end of the world.
I would suggest investing in a good high gain aerial though (I use a 20dB
gain parabolic (cheapest about 40 UKP for a mesh one, if you don't fell
like making one). You can use those for 802.11b wireless networking, since
this operates in the same band.
David (G7VDI).