Old September 26th 19, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W5KV] My only reservation with the new Icom IC-705

W5KV Ham Radio Blog

My only reservation with the new Icom IC-705

https://www.w5kv.com/my-only-reserva...w-icom-ic-705/

Icom has been on the forefront of Amateur Radio Technology. Integrating SDR
technology into their rigs well ahead of many other radio manufacturers.
Icom is engaged on social media, they frequent ham fests with superior
displays, they are responsive to customer service have excellent repair
centers. Why dont I own one of these things yet? lol Icom announced the new
705 transceiver a few weeks back, already several speculation videosĀ*about
the rig online. A very exciting portable rig considering the lack of
options in this area currently. Elecraft Yaesu have probably dominated the
mobile/portable department. Icom had yet to really produce a super portable
rig when you look at their line up of rigs available. I have only []