Old March 4th 05, 07:31 PM
ggggg

Default echo link id

Can any one help with a echolink id and password my email is

Old March 6th 05, 05:25 AM
nana

NO!.
You register your own. It is free. All you need is a valid Ham radio
callsign.

Brad VK2QQ

"ggggg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can any one help with a echolink id and password my email is

Old March 6th 05, 08:45 AM
F8BOE

try at: http://www.echolink.org/

or with ID: 0AT000
Password: moron

Old March 7th 05, 03:11 AM
Hank Oredson

"ggggg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can any one help with a echolink id and password my email is

Don't you just ID in the normal way?
"This is Red Rover over and out."
"Ten Four Good Buddy."

Etc.

Old March 7th 05, 03:12 AM
Hank Oredson

"nana" wrote in message
NO!.
You register your own. It is free. All you need is a valid Ham radio
callsign.

Some good choices are N7QRM, W0QSP, KA6QTH, etc.

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

Old March 10th 05, 12:47 PM
Charles Brabham

"Hank Oredson" wrote in message
ink.net...
"nana" wrote in message
NO!.
You register your own. It is free. All you need is a valid Ham radio
callsign.

Some good choices are N7QRM, W0QSP, KA6QTH, etc.

I used a nostalgia callsign from an old friend who became a silent key back
in 1990.

As long as you do as the great majority of EchoLink users do ( never
actually use a radio ) it is as legal as church on Sunday to make up a call
or recycle somebody else's. - After all, this is for an Internet chat, and
there is no legal requirement to be liscensed in order to do an Internet
chat, is there? The fact that what you say on EchoLink may or may not be
transmitted over an actual Ham Radio repeater is irrelevant. People put all
kinds of things from the Internet out over voice repeaters, including 30
minute recorded news shows.

QRZ has a nice callsign database that supplies hundreds and hundreds of
valid callsigns to choose from, complete with the associated personal
info. - Just enter the call you like, and presto! Valid data for that call
is at your fingertips.

Just as long as you stick with EchoLink and do not actually use your bogus
call to conduct an Amateur Radio QSO on the air ( like you were a real ham
or something ) - you'll do just fine!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Director: USPacket http://www.uspacket.org
Admin: HamBlog.Com http://www.hamblog.com
Weblog: http://www.hamblog.com/blog_n5pvl.php

Old March 11th 05, 02:13 AM
Hank Oredson

"nana" wrote in message
NO!.
You register your own. It is free. All you need is a valid Ham radio
callsign.

Some good choices are N7QRM, W0QSP, KA6QTH, etc.

I used a nostalgia callsign from an old friend who became a silent key
back in 1990.

As long as you do as the great majority of EchoLink users do ( never
actually use a radio ) it is as legal as church on Sunday to make up a
call or recycle somebody else's. - After all, this is for an Internet
chat, and there is no legal requirement to be liscensed in order to do an
Internet chat, is there? The fact that what you say on EchoLink may or may
not be transmitted over an actual Ham Radio repeater is irrelevant. People
put all kinds of things from the Internet out over voice repeaters,
including 30 minute recorded news shows.

Yup, exactly. Bunch of idiots.
Got a couple of those in the area.
Nearly 24/7 with broadcasts now.
"And next a 30 minute report from West Podunk, IL."

QRZ has a nice callsign database that supplies hundreds and hundreds of
valid callsigns to choose from, complete with the associated personal
info. - Just enter the call you like, and presto! Valid data for that call
is at your fingertips.

Any callsign with a Q signal as a suffix will never be issued by the FCC.

Echo Echo Echo Bub CB 5 January 21st 05 11:06 AM
More 11m Freebanders on Echo Link KMA Policy 3 November 30th 03 05:10 AM
Reflection Delay is it real??? Peter O. Brackett Antenna 7 September 20th 03 11:55 AM
rho = ( ZL - Zo ) / ( ZL + Zo } Cecil Moore Antenna 7 September 6th 03 09:50 AM
Link coupling to a rotary incuctor T.E.O Antenna 0 July 25th 03 12:43 PM