Old June 19th 05, 02:55 PM
Mebart

Default winaprs vs acarsd

How much does winaprs and aprsair cost to register???

I want to display airline flights that transmit on 131 Mhz for the
purpose of propagation monitoring only and don't need any of the
packet functions.

So, I'm trying to decide whether to get aprs/aprsair or whether to
just get acarsd (which is free, but doesn't require a tnc, but has
less options for mapping).

Old June 19th 05, 05:38 PM
Panzer240

Mebart wrote in :

How much does winaprs and aprsair cost to register???

I want to display airline flights that transmit on 131 Mhz for the
purpose of propagation monitoring only and don't need any of the
packet functions.

So, I'm trying to decide whether to get aprs/aprsair or whether to
just get acarsd (which is free, but doesn't require a tnc, but has
less options for mapping).

You might also look at WACARS he

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...rs/readme.html

Freeware and you can use your own maps if memory serves There should be
information on the above site for creating your own maps.

--
Panzer

Old June 19th 05, 07:19 PM
Mebart

WACARS appears to be unsupported, and won't run on anything newer than
win9X.

I can't use it as I have XP.

Can't find the homepage either.

Thanks,

Art

Old June 20th 05, 06:55 AM
Panzer240

Mebart wrote in news

wrote:

Mebart wrote in :

How much does winaprs and aprsair cost to register???

I want to display airline flights that transmit on 131 Mhz for the
purpose of propagation monitoring only and don't need any of the
packet functions.

So, I'm trying to decide whether to get aprs/aprsair or whether to
just get acarsd (which is free, but doesn't require a tnc, but has
less options for mapping).

You might also look at WACARS he

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...rs/readme.html

Freeware and you can use your own maps if memory serves There should
be information on the above site for creating your own maps.

Runs OK for me on both Home and Pro. I just downloaded and installed it
and it ran without a hitch. I moght point out the requires section says
WIndows 3.1 or later and WinXP definitley comes under later :-)

--
Panzer

Old June 25th 05, 05:30 PM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article , Mebart
says...

Top-posting corrected. Please don't top-post on Usenet
newsgroups! See this link for the reason why:

http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost

wrote:

Mebart wrote in :

How much does winaprs and aprsair cost to register???

I want to display airline flights that transmit on 131 Mhz for the
purpose of propagation monitoring only and don't need any of the
packet functions.

So, I'm trying to decide whether to get aprs/aprsair or whether to
just get acarsd (which is free, but doesn't require a tnc, but has
less options for mapping).

You might also look at WACARS he

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...rs/readme.html

Freeware and you can use your own maps if memory serves There should be
information on the above site for creating your own maps.

WACARS appears to be unsupported, and won't run on anything newer than
win9X.

I can't use it as I have XP.

Can't find the homepage either.

I beg to differ. WACARS runs just fine on my Windows 2000 Pro-
based laptop, and before that I had it running great on Win-NT 4.0.

A simple Google search turned up the home page at:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...ars/intro.html

I've tested that link. It works fine from WA state. If you're
unable to reach it, your ISP may (for whatever reason) be blocking it.

He does, admittedly, have some broken links. 'Registration'
doesn't go anywhere, and no images come up with the 'Screen shots' link,
but everything else seems OK.

Happy tweaking.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"