Old September 6th 05, 08:17 PM
HarryHydro

Default 50.03 mhz spread spectrum?

Hi Folks:
I've been getting interference from a rather strong transmission on
50.00 or 50.03. It sounds like a slow spread-spectrum, hopping all
over the place. 50.03 sounds more like just a carrier, maybe a birdie.
The 'hopping' seems to be centered around 50.00.. I'm hearing and
'seeing' this on an IFR Spectrum Analyzer with a loaded antenna on a
metal building. I'm hearing it now. Kinda had a rythm to it! Anyone
hear it? I'm in jersey, FN20ok
Harry

Old September 7th 05, 06:04 PM
an_old_friend

HarryHydro wrote:
Hi Folks:
I've been getting interference from a rather strong transmission on
50.00 or 50.03. It sounds like a slow spread-spectrum, hopping all
over the place. 50.03 sounds more like just a carrier, maybe a birdie.
The 'hopping' seems to be centered around 50.00.. I'm hearing and
'seeing' this on an IFR Spectrum Analyzer with a loaded antenna on a
metal building. I'm hearing it now. Kinda had a rythm to it! Anyone
hear it? I'm in jersey, FN20ok
Harry

I Have heard signal like this when i moved around an olde pc the soruce
then was incomplete supression of the harmonics involved is PC clock

Old September 8th 05, 05:59 AM
Hank Oredson

"HarryHydro" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Folks:
I've been getting interference from a rather strong transmission on
50.00 or 50.03. It sounds like a slow spread-spectrum, hopping all
over the place. 50.03 sounds more like just a carrier, maybe a birdie.
The 'hopping' seems to be centered around 50.00.. I'm hearing and
'seeing' this on an IFR Spectrum Analyzer with a loaded antenna on a
metal building. I'm hearing it now. Kinda had a rythm to it! Anyone
hear it? I'm in jersey, FN20ok

Turn off any computers in the area.
If that cures it, turn computers back on one at a time.
Check ethernet cables.

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

Old September 11th 05, 06:57 AM

Also shut off any portable phones. I used to have a Vtech phone that
had birdies all over the place.