Old July 6th 03, 01:35 AM
S. Miller

Default KAM Plus: CW Xmit is Inverted.. Help??

Been a while since I owned a KAM, but I believe that there may be a
physical jumper on the circuit board that selects normal or inverted CW
keying. Sorry, no manual so I can't say which one, but it may be visually
apparent by following the CW key line back through the circuit.

Fred King wrote:

I'm trying to get my Dad's Kam Plus working with his Ten-tec
Omni-D. Weird problem: In CW mode, the keying is inverted.
Turning the Ten-Tec to CW (usually works fine with straight
key), the carrier comes ON solid, and is keyed OFF by the
active times of an "O", for example.

The KAM "INV" command applies only to RTTY, ASCII / AMTOR.

What is going on here?? IsThere another KAM command I can't
find???

This is supposed to be a plain Reed Relay contact.. I can't
see how it can be inverted except in firmware somehow.

Any help, pointers, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks es 73,

Terry King WB1FQH for N1UF

Old July 6th 03, 12:39 PM
James R. DeLoach

Fred King wrote:

I'm trying to get my Dad's Kam Plus working with his Ten-tec
Omni-D. Weird problem: In CW mode, the keying is inverted.
Turning the Ten-Tec to CW (usually works fine with straight
key), the carrier comes ON solid, and is keyed OFF by the
active times of an "O", for example.

The KAM "INV" command applies only to RTTY, ASCII / AMTOR.

What is going on here?? IsThere another KAM command I can't
find???

This is supposed to be a plain Reed Relay contact.. I can't
see how it can be inverted except in firmware somehow.

Any help, pointers, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks es 73,

Terry King WB1FQH for N1UF

The invert command is "INVert ON or OFF" Default is OFF.
Here is the statement from the Kam Plus manual, While in the RTTY,
ASCII, or AMTOR mode, entering a Ctrl-CI directive will toggle the
inversion ON and OFF.

Regards,

James

Note: To reply by email, remove the "X" in the reply to address.

at
http://www.TitanNews.com

Old July 6th 03, 05:35 PM
James R. DeLoach

Fred King wrote:

[...]

Also the manual states that pin 4 on the KAM+ connects to the CW key
jack on your transceiver. When operating in CW, it will ground this
pin thru a 100 ohm resistor to key the radio. The radio must be set
to CW with the VOX turned ON and any electronic keyer turned OFF.
Essentially all the software is doing is turning a relay on and off in
the KAM+. Have you tried a HARD RESET on the KAM+, if not,
you might give that a try? Good Luck. 73's.

James

at
http://www.TitanNews.com