RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Graphics Packet for Linux (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/7911-graphics-packet-linux.html)

Krzysztof Piecuch July 25th 03 01:15 PM

Graphics Packet for Linux

Hello!!
I am looking for "Graphics Packet for Linux" application.
I have link ftp://147.229.35.11/pub/hamradio/Xpr/ but
unfortunately it is invalid. I will be greateful for
information where can I find this application.

Regards
--
SP9RQA

S. Sampson July 28th 03 01:07 PM

Okay, so I went to:

http://radio.linux.org.au/

and looked-up XPR:

ftp://ftp.qsl.net/pub/ok2pid/xpr-0.42.tgz

Do I win a cookie?

Pär C September 11th 03 07:31 AM

Why do they all rely upon the kernels AX.25 ?
Kiss mode is limited to packet radio (at least with
the TNC's that I've got) and why would I want to run
packet radio on hf ? Pactor is better for hf and that
means I can't use any of all those "terminals" that
really rely upon the kernels ax.25 to do all the work.
Why pay lots of money for a competent controller and
then make it really stupid by using kiss ?

73 de Per / SM0RWO

Uwe Krause wrote:
Krzysztof Piecuch wrote :

Hello!!
I am looking for "Graphics Packet for Linux" application.

Hi,

what about LinKT ?`

http://1409.linkt.de/projects/linkt/

Have fun,

73 Uwe
dl6mpg

---
"The hard part was figuring out how to destroy the
physical universe. But I think we've solved that."
- Marcus Larry, 1999

charlesb September 11th 03 10:13 AM

"Pär C" wrote in message
Why do they all rely upon the kernels AX.25 ?
Kiss mode is limited to packet radio (at least with
the TNC's that I've got) and why would I want to run
packet radio on hf ? Pactor is better for hf and that
means I can't use any of all those "terminals" that
really rely upon the kernels ax.25 to do all the work.
Why pay lots of money for a competent controller and
then make it really stupid by using kiss ?

A lot of the Linux stuff is like that. When you wander away from the
mainstream, this is to be expected. Part of the problem is that most
software for Linux is open source, written by junior programmer wannabees,
then re-hacked by other "programmers" who are no better.

.... So the third-weenie OS is loaded up with third-weenie software.... Is
that a big surprise?

If you really wanted performance, you'd be going with #1.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Gene Storey September 11th 03 02:10 PM

"charlesb" wrote

If you really wanted performance, you'd be going with #1.

Amiga?

Gene Storey September 11th 03 02:10 PM

"charlesb" wrote

charlesb September 11th 03 02:42 PM

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"charlesb" wrote

If you really wanted performance, you'd be going with #1.

Amiga?

TI 99/4A of course!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL