Old October 11th 05, 05:07 AM
Bill

Default Wanted: KAM All-Mode EPROM

I recently was given an older KAM All-Mode TNC. It only has version 3.06
firmware. I was hoping to find a version 5 or later EPROM. Does anyone
have an EPROM to sell me or can tell me where to get the bin file to burn my
own EPROM. I have talked to Kantronics and they told me they no longer
support this TNC. Thanks.

VO1BIL
Bill

Old October 14th 05, 11:41 PM
VE3PMK

Bill wrote:
I recently was given an older KAM All-Mode TNC. It only has version 3.06
firmware. I was hoping to find a version 5 or later EPROM. Does anyone
have an EPROM to sell me or can tell me where to get the bin file to burn my
own EPROM. I have talked to Kantronics and they told me they no longer
support this TNC. Thanks.

VO1BIL
Bill

email me @rac.ca

'73
Pat
Old October 22nd 05, 10:40 PM
Nick B.

VE3PMK wrote:
Bill wrote:

I recently was given an older KAM All-Mode TNC. It only has version
3.06 firmware. I was hoping to find a version 5 or later EPROM. Does
anyone have an EPROM to sell me or can tell me where to get the bin
file to burn my own EPROM. I have talked to Kantronics and they told
me they no longer support this TNC. Thanks.

VO1BIL
Bill

The latest version you can fit in a KAM without expansion board is
version 6.1 - you can find the manual updates for PACTOR on www.mods.dk

Another point to note is that if your KAM is pre-version 5 then you will
need to upgrade the EEPROM IC otherwise it will not work properly with
later firmware.

--
Nick B.
Old October 23rd 05, 05:30 AM
Bill

Thanks for the info. I knew it would only work with ver 6.1 but I didn't
realize I needed an EEPROM as well. Maybe I got what I got doesn't seem
like much chance on finding both chips. Thanks for the link to the manual.

Bill

Old October 31st 05, 08:46 PM
Nick B.

Bill wrote:
"Nick B." wrote in message

VE3PMK wrote:

Bill wrote:

[...]

Standard EEPROM chip. I have the V5 upgrade instructions around
somewhere and v6.1 firmware can be found if you look around for it, all
you need then is an EPROM programmer.

--
Nick B.