Old September 13th 03, 12:05 PM
KB0IRV

Default KAM XL

I am wondering about anyone out there who is using the newer KAM XL. I am
having a hard time getting it to set up. It only goes to 'ENTER YOUR
CALLSIGN='. The moment I put in my callsign, it stops. Kantronics said
that if the RTS line is connected and the software doesn't activate the
line, XL will stop communications. I have tried this on three different
computers, changed serial cables, and used three different programs
(Hyperterm, Windows 3.1 Terminal, Procomm, and my own program which I know
activates the RTS line), with no difference.

Does anyone having used the XL know what I might try next.

Ray (KB0IRV)