Old July 16th 04, 04:41 PM
Charles Brabham

There is a Linux version of FBB, by the way. If you don't like DOS, don't
run it.

Charles, N5PVL

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:44:32 -0500, Jeff Camp wrote:
And speaking of obsolete systems, where would I buy a copy of DOS
if I
wanted to run FBB? I haven't seen one for almost 10 years.

Old July 16th 04, 07:24 PM
Hank Oredson

"Jeff Stillinger" wrote in message
news

/usr/bin/dosemu

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:44:32 -0500, Jeff Camp wrote:
And speaking of obsolete systems, where would I buy a copy of DOS if I
wanted to run FBB? I haven't seen one for almost 10 years.

Install minimal Windows 95 / 98 / 98SE / ME.
Edit appropriate files (msdos.sys e.g.) to boot to command line.
et voila you are running DOS version 7.x.
This will work just fine.

If you really really need DOS 6.22 or DOS 3.2 or whatever,
go to eBay and pick up a copy or visit your local thrift shops
and paw through the old computer junk. Of course you could
also run freeDOS (surprise! It's free!) or Caldera DOS or
any of various other flavors. They also work just fine, and
can be downloaded or purchsed.

Google for "purchase dos 6.22" and you will find dozens
or perhaps hundreds of places to purchase dos ;-)

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old May 26th 16, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.packet

Default JNOS message question

Jeff Stillinger writes:

/usr/bin/dosemu

I think you just scared me. that still works..?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:44:32 -0500, Jeff Camp wrote:
And speaking of obsolete systems, where would I buy a copy of DOS if I
wanted to run FBB? I haven't seen one for almost 10 years.

73,
Jeff
N0WJP

DE KB6IBB :-)

Inverted ground plane antenna: compared with normal GP and low dipole. Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA Antenna 8 February 24th 11 11:22 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 10:49 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 07:07 PM