Old November 7th 03, 02:53 PM
Robert Rochte

Default SSTV: decoding Kenwood KVT-10 "Color 1" format

(I know that SSTV signals aren't digital, but I'm not quite sure where
else to post this question!)

I have one of Kenwood's KVT-10 SSTV units (the commercial version of
the VC-H1) and I'm trying to find SSTV software that can receive the
various modes sent by this unit. It offers Robot 36 (easy enough),
but also has two additional (apparently proprietary) color modes and
two black-and-white modes, in addition to Kenwood "Fast FM".

I can *almost* receive a clear picture using the Color 1 mode if I use
"MR73" mode on MMSTV and manually start the receive session. The
frame size is right and a color image is received, but the image is
still messed up with horizontal lines and other problems.

Does anyone know of a way to receive these other modes from the KVT-10
(short of using another KVT-10 unit)? Would it help if I posted (on
the web, not here) the images that I've been able to receive so far
(i.e., when using MR73 mode)?

Thanks for any help!

73,
Robert