Old November 12th 03, 06:21 PM
Bob

Default Wyman1X HDSSTV Problem with Linux tcl script

Hi All

Thought I'd post my resolution to a problem I had with v1.3.0 of this
package

After making and installing everything I trid to run make-Wyman1x-wav and it
returned with;

bin2sym307pm8a failed: invalid command name "system"

I simply modified the make-Wyman1x-wav script by changing the two uses of
"system" to "exec" and it worked properly.

Its early days yet but a 2M FM 80km path (abt S3 each way) yielded a perfect
decode at the other end (10% redund). That end was using the Windows app.
Only problem was that a 2 minute file send took them 6-8min to decode (old
slow P166)!

Linux OS is SuSE 8.1 Professional

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

--

(The reply address is broken. Put bcnoop in front of the at!)