RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Soundcard specs (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8332-soundcard-specs.html)

Roger Conroy February 9th 04 02:33 PM

Soundcard specs

I'm busy getting a digital setup together. I'd like to use my soundcard.

The radio I'll be using is an Alinco DR 610T. It has the following specs for
digital signals:

Transmit audio input 1200bps: 10mV p-p - 2.7Kilohms.(Microphone input)
Transmit audio input 9600bps: 2V p-p - 10Kilohms.

Recieve audio output 9600bps (from FM detector stage): 300mV p-p - 47Kilohms
Recieve audio output 1200bps: taken from the auxiliary speaker jack, so I'm
assuming 8 Ohms and for the voltage will have to fiddle the volume knob
until its right (or the soundcard gets toasted!)

Now my question is: Will a soundcard function correctly within these
parameters or do I need to add impedance and voltage matching circuitry?

73
Roger ZR3RC