Old February 1st 04, 02:27 AM
Drink

Default Beginner's Operation of MFJ-1278 [w/SSTV]

Good Evenin' Ladies & Gents,
A friend gave me an MFJ-1278 [w/SSTV]. The box doesn't say it's the "B"
version and it's very old so I assume it's the earlier without any extras.
Anyway, I don't have any instructions for this thing and no experience with
digital beyond my RigBlaster Plus. I know you can use common terminal
programs with it and I'm pretty sure I have a copy of WinPack but that
doesn't put my rubber on the road. I bought a copy of Lou Horzepa's book
that didn't help me much. I'm not totally sure it functions properly since
the LED tuning bar scrolls up and then pegs left on power up.
Can anybody direct me to a straightforward source where I can learn enough
to make it go and then build on that?
I know this is one of those, "Whew!" posts. But, I appreciate any help or
advice you have.
Best Regards,
Jim, WP3JQ
EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W