Old March 15th 04, 10:18 PM
John

Default Rascal and kenwood ts570d and winpsk

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my setup-Rascal and kenwood ts570d
and winpsk. The software (running under win xp) keys the radio (which I have
set for USB) but there is no carrier produced. If I switch to fsk or fm i
can see a carrier along with the transmit.

I've looked at the winpsk settings and the radio's menu and don't see
anything in particular. I checked the sound mixer settings and there's
nothing muted on playback. So I'm probably missing something simple.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old March 17th 04, 06:05 PM
Dick, AA5VU

In article YYp5c.7074$Cf3.4280@lakeread01,
"John" wrote:

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my setup-Rascal and kenwood ts570d
and winpsk. The software (running under win xp) keys the radio (which I have
set for USB) but there is no carrier produced. If I switch to fsk or fm i
can see a carrier along with the transmit.

I've looked at the winpsk settings and the radio's menu and don't see
anything in particular. I checked the sound mixer settings and there's
nothing muted on playback. So I'm probably missing something simple.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John,

I am probably not much help as I am Mac user and I found using the
SignaLink SL-1+ solved 99% of the interface isseus. The cool thing about
the ßL-1+ is the AutoPTT and you do NOT need a comm port connection.
Just audio in/out of your sound card and the SL-1 tells the TS-570 when
to xmit and when to listen. I am using the new DarwinPSK (Mac port of
LinPSK) software. Good luck!

73 de Dick, AA5VU

Old March 30th 04, 01:12 AM
What Name?

"John" wrote:

[...]

Not sure if this will help, but check the settings of your sound card on
your computer. Make sure that if you are using Line Audio Out on the
sound card that it is checked. (turned on.) Also, if you have one of
those "surround-sound" cards, make sure that the line audio port is
actually used as a separate audio feed, and not intended to be the
"rear" speakers.

I am using the Rascal with my IC-740, and had a similar problem. Mine
turned out to be the surround-sound issue.

Good Luck and 73!

de
Mike, W4MIC