Old February 15th 04, 04:53 PM

Default Could packet radio replace my Internet connection?

I have recently canceled my home Internet connection.....trying to
reduce expenses.

I have high speed Internet at work...and use it there all day....so
didn't see a real need for it at home as I live alone.

Having said that....Im a general class ham.... but haven't been on air
in years and currently have no equip.

Im wondering if getting into digital radios such as packet would allow
me some "connection" with like minded people such as Usenet groups do?

Advice? Opinions?