Old April 20th 04, 03:14 PM
Denis O' Flynn

Default Rigblaster & USB

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my pc to a PIV and Win XP. However I have only 1
com port and am using it for rig control of my TS850S. I want to get back on
air using my rigblaster plus. I am having problems trying to get rx and tx
through a usb port. I have used both USB 1.1 and 2.0.

any suggestions appreciated.
de Denis EI6HB

Old April 20th 04, 04:27 PM
Roger

Denis O' Flynn wrote on 20/04/2004 15:14:

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my pc to a PIV and Win XP. However I have only 1
com port and am using it for rig control of my TS850S. I want to get back on
air using my rigblaster plus. I am having problems trying to get rx and tx
through a usb port. I have used both USB 1.1 and 2.0.

Buy an RS232-USB adapter. They tend to be fairly buggy devices, but if
you look for one that uses the FTDI chips, you should be ok.

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -
For UI-View go to -

Old April 20th 04, 04:47 PM
xpyttl

In fact, I would suggest you use the USB adapter for rig control, and use
the serial port for the rigblaster.

The rigblaster uses the RS232 control lines to key the transmitter. USB
doesn't transmit these signals faithfully. However, the rig control through
the serial port uses the serial port as if it were a serial port. This the
USB to serial adapter can deal with.

Old April 20th 04, 06:27 PM
Roger

xpyttl wrote on 20/04/2004 16:47:

In fact, I would suggest you use the USB adapter for rig control, and use
the serial port for the rigblaster.

The rigblaster uses the RS232 control lines to key the transmitter. USB
doesn't transmit these signals faithfully.

[snip]
That entirely depends on the adapter and the driver...