RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Kam enhanced v8.0 and APRS ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8485-kam-enhanced-v8-0-aprs.html)

jeannette June 9th 04 06:38 PM

Kam enhanced v8.0 and APRS ??

Hi Group,

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

Thanks & 73

Jeannette AA6JH
Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html

Roger June 9th 04 08:29 PM

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -
For UI-View go to -

jeannette June 10th 04 07:59 PM

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:29:02 +0100, Roger
wrote:

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

I love your brevity but is that NO it can't do APRS or NO you don't
need 8.2?

Thanks,

Roger June 11th 04 10:36 PM

wrote:

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

I love your brevity but is that NO it can't do APRS or NO you don't
need 8.2?

Any TNC can be used for APRS with a suitable program, e.g. WinAPRS. The
"APRS" features of TNCs relate to using them independently of any
external software.