Old June 9th 04, 06:38 PM
jeannette

Default Kam enhanced v8.0 and APRS ??

Hi Group,

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

Thanks & 73

Jeannette AA6JH
Jeannette
aa6jh
Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
Old June 9th 04, 08:29 PM
Roger

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -
For UI-View go to -

Old June 10th 04, 07:59 PM
jeannette

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:29:02 +0100, Roger
wrote:

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

I love your brevity but is that NO it can't do APRS or NO you don't
need 8.2?

Thanks,

Old June 11th 04, 10:36 PM
Roger

wrote:

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

I love your brevity but is that NO it can't do APRS or NO you don't
need 8.2?

Any TNC can be used for APRS with a suitable program, e.g. WinAPRS. The
"APRS" features of TNCs relate to using them independently of any
external software.

Old June 11th 04, 10:36 PM
Roger

wrote:

jeannette wrote on 09/06/2004 18:38:

Can a Kam Enhanced V8.0 do APRS? I know you can connect a GPS to it
but Kantronics history page says that only 8.2 does "Avanced Aprs". Do
you need 8.2 to run a program like WinAprs?

No.

I love your brevity but is that NO it can't do APRS or NO you don't
need 8.2?

Any TNC can be used for APRS with a suitable program, e.g. WinAPRS. The
"APRS" features of TNCs relate to using them independently of any
external software.

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -
For UI-View go to -
http://www.UI-View.com
For WinPack go to - http://www.peaksys.co.uk

The exciting world of APRS Michael Antenna 0 August 30th 04 01:13 PM
APRS Safety Question peter berrett Digital 34 February 19th 04 05:01 PM
APRS Safety Question peter berrett Digital 0 February 7th 04 10:17 AM
APRS Linked Repeaters Dick Digital 13 August 21st 03 01:52 AM
Good mobile APRS rig? VHFRadioBuff Digital 6 July 16th 03 01:04 PM