Old October 30th 04, 06:59 PM
sideband

Default XASTIR and TNC-220

I picked up an old PacComm TNC-220 with V3.0 firmware.

I'm trying to get it to talk with XASTIR on a Sparc Ultra2 with dual
300Mhz processors and 1G of RAM running Aurora Linux. I can get the
TNC to talk to the computer using MINICOM, but for some reason XASTIR
bombs when trying to talk to it.

Anyone have any clues as to what's going on here? XASTIR and the
PacComm TNC are both new to me. The hardware and OS aren't.

Thanks, and 73 de AI8W, Chris

Old October 30th 04, 08:31 PM
sideband

I know.. bad form to reply to your own message.... but...

I fixed it.. Idiot me should have read the install docs... I forgot to
SUID the executable so it could access the serial port.

Thanks for reading.

73 de AI8W, Chris