Old December 2nd 04, 06:47 PM
CP

Default multiband wire antena

anyone have a good ideia to build a multiband wire antena?

Carlos Poinho CU3FT

Old December 2nd 04, 07:45 PM
Noise From Afar

Several at AC6V's site URL:
http://ac6v.com/antprojects.htm#TRI
--
ruido de icógnito

Old December 2nd 04, 08:37 PM
Reg Edwards

A simple inverted-L (a vertical wire plus a horizontal wire), of no
particular length is about the best you will ever have. The higher the
better. You will need a ground connection such as half-dozen,
shallow-buried radial wires, between 10 and 20 feet long. Include any metal
water pipes with the radials.

An overall wire length between 100 and 150 feet does better on the lower HF
frequencies and on the MF broadcast band. Between 40 and 100 feet does
better on the higher frequency HF bands.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Old December 3rd 04, 01:47 AM
Ronald Walters

I have used both the inverted L on 160 meters with great results plus it
performed great on other bands except 40 meters. My personal favorite is
the center feed double extended Zepp feed with open ladder line and a good
antenna tuner or matchbox. If its cut for 80 meters it exhibits about 3 Db
gain over a standard dipole, same hold true for forty meters. The forty
meter Zepp operates similar to a 80 meter dipole. The higher in frequency
the lobes get interesting and exhibit gain in certain directions.

I have worked all over the world using 100 watts on 80 meters through 10
meters including the WARC bands.

A Extended Zepp center feed is one of the best keep secrets. Good luck

Ron W4LDE

Old December 3rd 04, 06:57 AM
F8BOE

- Levy with coupler