RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4RBI On The Air Now (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/10049-andaman-nicobar-islands-vu4rbi-air-now.html)

Peter Lemken December 5th 04 10:41 AM

Big Smurf wrote:
Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

VK0MM was a good operator, it seems you were not. Apart from that, VK0MM was
not a DXpedition.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Toleranz, das war doch diese resultierende Verhaltensweise, wenn man sich
zwischen Abscheu und Mitleid nicht entscheiden kann.

(Andreas Kroschel in de.alt.talk.unmut)

Big Smurf December 5th 04 12:48 PM

Peter Lemken wrote:

Big Smurf wrote:
Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even
worse than VK0MM.

VK0MM was a good operator, it seems you were not. Apart from that,
VK0MM was not a DXpedition.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

I don't think so, I think that he made a complete idiot of himself from
Macquarie Is.
I spent hours and hours listening him on HF bands, he invented idiotism
on the bands.

Yes, you were right, it wasn't DX-pedition, but he was rather pretty
active from Mcq Is.

And I don't understand why are you refering to me as not having been a
good operator.

Mike

Doug Smith W9WI December 5th 04 01:03 PM

Big Smurf wrote:
Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

It sure beats any other VU4 operation in the past ten+ years.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Noise From Afar December 5th 04 03:30 PM

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message

------------------------------

--------------------------------------
It sure beats any other VU4 operation in the past ten+ years.
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
http://www.w9wi.com
(who hasn't worked them yet)

But it is the only game in town--
Can't even hear em on my vertical in So Cal
Linear now on standby (;-)

ruido de icógnito

J. Mc Laughlin December 5th 04 04:29 PM

Sure hope for some CW and the use at their end of better antennas. Here in
MI, nothing at all has been heard on any frequency. Have a rural noise
level and high antennas. Not one signal that could be identified as having
come from VU4. Once, I heard what turned out to be someone else.

Propagation calculations show peaks at 14 GMT, 20 GMT and 24 GMT.

In USA, East coast and West coast have a much better chance of working
VU4 than the middle of the Republic.

I too hope that Bernie is right.
73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

From W3UR's Daily DX. Here's the quote:

"At the moment the priority is SSB and in a few days there will be more
CW activity. Digital mode activity will start up on Monday December
6th."

Let's hope Bernie is right.

--
Bill W6WRT