RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4RBI On The Air Now (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/10049-andaman-nicobar-islands-vu4rbi-air-now.html)

Noise From Afar December 3rd 04 07:06 PM

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4RBI On The Air Now

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

--
ruido de icógnito

Peter Dougherty December 4th 04 03:13 PM

Bill Turner said :

You may need that linear. Running 1500 watts and a four-element quad I
had a rough time but finally made it. Switching to a dipole, I could
barely hear them. QTH here is So California.

Lucky! Here in NYC, with 9 elements up 125' (Cushcraft X9) they were
completely inaudible. Not a whisper. Sigh.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Big Smurf December 5th 04 06:44 AM

Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

[email protected] December 5th 04 07:02 AM

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 06:44:42 GMT, "Big Smurf"
wrote:

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

Gee, where have we heard that before? EVERY DXpedition was the worst
DXpedition ever - according to the guys who didn't werk 'em. But the
good news is that every DXpedition was the BEST DXpedition ever -
according to the guys who did werk 'em.... Go figure.

73, Jim KH2D

Big Smurf December 5th 04 07:24 AM

wrote:

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even
worse than VK0MM.

Gee, where have we heard that before? EVERY DXpedition was the worst
DXpedition ever - according to the guys who didn't werk 'em. But the
good news is that every DXpedition was the BEST DXpedition ever -
according to the guys who did werk 'em.... Go figure.

73, Jim KH2D

Jim,

I have worked them so that's not the issue. The problem is that these
guys are just doing everything wrong, from runnig two stations on the
same band, at the same time less than 50 Khz apart, listening up,
listening down, making lists for themselves, calling by country then
working others, you name it, they do it. Just completely disorganized.

And yes, I also worked VK0MM on few bands and he was just as incredible
as these guys. OK, I'll be fair, these guys are better, at least they
don't have penguinator and not making threats on their websites :-)

Mike

Peter Lemken December 5th 04 10:41 AM

Big Smurf wrote:
Noise From Afar wrote:

Andaman & Nicobar Islands VU4
At 1903Z they were tx on 14.190 listening DOWN at 14.180 MHz

Now where is that linear I stored away (;-)

The worst DX-pedition operation I have seen in many years, even worse
than VK0MM.

VK0MM was a good operator, it seems you were not. Apart from that, VK0MM was
not a DXpedition.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Toleranz, das war doch diese resultierende Verhaltensweise, wenn man sich
zwischen Abscheu und Mitleid nicht entscheiden kann.

(Andreas Kroschel in de.alt.talk.unmut)