Old December 19th 04, 11:53 PM
Bert Hyman

Default Can't unzip software

In Bill Turner
wrote:

I downloaded the AR User software version 2.011 from
http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/default.htm but I can't get it to unzip.
Using either WinZip or PowerArchiver, I get a message saying the file is
not a zip archive. I've downloaded it three times to be sure the file
didn't get corrupted. No luck.

Are you using ZoneAlarm? There have been reports of ZA causing file
corruption in other contexts, so maybe it's the culprit here too.

Just a guess ...

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old December 20th 04, 03:22 AM
Wayne

Bill Turner wrote:
On 19 Dec 2004 23:53:23 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

Are you using ZoneAlarm? There have been reports of ZA causing file
corruption in other contexts, so maybe it's the culprit here too.

Just a guess ...

No, I'm using the native WinXP firewall. Maybe I'll turn it off long
enough to download. Risky, huh?

--
Bill W6WRT

I'm using the native WinXP firewall too, but I had no problem at all
downloading and unzipping the file. The problem must me elsewhere.

Wayne, KEØBZ

Old December 21st 04, 06:10 AM
Peter Dougherty

Bill Turner said :

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:22:06 -0600, Wayne wrote:

I'm using the native WinXP firewall too, but I had no problem at all
downloading and unzipping the file. The problem must me elsewhere.

Wayne, KEØBZ

_________________________________________________ __________

It's really strange. I've downloaded that file a dozen times today with
different browsers, different file download managers (and no download
manager) and I don't know what all.

Just a suggestion he

The installer for the base program itself comes as a ZIP file sure
enough, but the update is just the EXE file. Perhaps the original
poster was accidentally downloading the most recent version (update)
instead of the originall installer app?

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net
Old December 21st 04, 06:10 AM
Peter Dougherty

Bill Turner said :

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:22:06 -0600, Wayne wrote:

I'm using the native WinXP firewall too, but I had no problem at all
downloading and unzipping the file. The problem must me elsewhere.

Wayne, KEØBZ

_________________________________________________ __________

It's really strange. I've downloaded that file a dozen times today with
different browsers, different file download managers (and no download
manager) and I don't know what all.

Just a suggestion he

The installer for the base program itself comes as a ZIP file sure
enough, but the update is just the EXE file. Perhaps the original
poster was accidentally downloading the most recent version (update)
instead of the originall installer app?

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Software for MFJ 1278 B [email protected] Digital 0 January 18th 04 03:52 AM
LOTW contains spyware? Phil Dx 10 September 4th 03 07:16 PM
Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software Cash Cow Digital 0 August 16th 03 03:55 AM