Old October 12th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default USA 75 & 40m phone bands to be expanded

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/10/11/100/?nc=1

Effective sometime in November (probably), the 75 and 40-meter phone
bands will be expanded to 3600-4000 and 7125-7300KHz respectively for
stations on the U.S. mainland.

(for Extra Class licensees. The expansions will be somewhat less for
General and Advanced Class but they will still see expansion. General
Class licensees will also get an extra 25KHz of phone spectrum on 15
meters but this will be entirely within the existing Advanced/Extra
phone band)

There are (many) other changes to the USA rules but this is probably the
one change that will be obvious to DX operators working the USA.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old October 12th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

In article ,
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/10/11/100/?nc=1

Effective sometime in November (probably), the 75 and 40-meter phone
bands will be expanded to 3600-4000 and 7125-7300KHz respectively for
stations on the U.S. mainland.

I must not have read that right. Only the first 25 khz of the forty
meter band will be reserved for cw, and that's it? What no-coder thought
this up?

--
Charles Hohenstein
To reply, remove Gene Robinson
Old October 12th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

(Charles Hohenstein) wrote in

igy.com:

In article ,
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/10/11/100/?nc=1

Effective sometime in November (probably), the 75 and 40-meter
phone bands will be expanded to 3600-4000 and 7125-7300KHz
respectively for stations on the U.S. mainland.

I must not have read that right. Only the first 25 khz of the forty
meter band will be reserved for cw, and that's it? What no-coder
thought this up?

I read it as CW-only for the first 125 KHz, instead of the current
first 150 KHz.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old October 12th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

I must not have read that right. Only the first 25 khz of the forty
meter band will be reserved for cw, and that's it? What no-coder thought
this up?

--
Charles Hohenstein

7100-7125 is Novice CW.

7000-7150 is currently CW, so they drop it to 7125, that means you still
have 7000-7125 for CW ... Most DX is
on 7000-7050 anyway, so it wont effect you much will it.

Or are you just looking to harp on no-coders again

Scotty W7PSK

Old October 13th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/10/11/100/?nc=1

Effective sometime in November (probably), the 75 and 40-meter
phone bands will be expanded to 3600-4000 and 7125-7300KHz
respectively for stations on the U.S. mainland.

I must not have read that right. Only the first 25 khz of the forty
meter band will be reserved for cw, and that's it? What no-coder
thought this up?

I read it as CW-only for the first 125 KHz, instead of the current
first 150 KHz.

My fault totally. Somehow I read 7125 and my aging brain registered
7025. Now that I know that phone won't start at 7025, I'm satisfied.

Old October 13th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Charles Hohenstein wrote in
:

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.pdf
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/10/11/100/?nc=1

Effective sometime in November (probably), the 75 and 40-meter
phone bands will be expanded to 3600-4000 and 7125-7300KHz
respectively for stations on the U.S. mainland.

I must not have read that right. Only the first 25 khz of the forty
meter band will be reserved for cw, and that's it? What no-coder
thought this up?

I read it as CW-only for the first 125 KHz, instead of the current
first 150 KHz.

My fault totally. Somehow I read 7125 and my aging brain registered
7025. Now that I know that phone won't start at 7025, I'm satisfied.

Don't ferget, people, that CW is legal on the *entire* band...