Old January 9th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default 1A4A

What a chaotic mess.

Two major problems that could have been taken care of.

1 - 1A4A calls for "North America - Any 6's or 7's" then takes a 1, 2, or 3.
He should have only taken a 6 or 7 but never did, shame on him.

2 - All those nice, polite, 10 year plus Extra Class 1, 2 and 3 call signs
(read - being a 20 WPM CW Extra is NOT a filter - of any kind) who kept
calling even when 1A4A called for any 6's or 7's.

As propagation to 6 and 7 land was limited and weak we sure appreciated all
you 1's, 2's and 3's giving us a chance.

Not complaining, there will always be another DXpedition and there will
always be another chance for a contact - BUT - we were not at our finest
were we?

Old January 9th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Topaz305RK wrote:
What a chaotic mess.

Two major problems that could have been taken care of.

1 - 1A4A calls for "North America - Any 6's or 7's" then takes a 1, 2, or 3.
He should have only taken a 6 or 7 but never did, shame on him.

as a soon to be extra since he did not say only 6 and 7s why should he
not have work other calls if that was what was there

if he had said 6 or 7 Only then obviously he should not have rewarded
the rest

2 - All those nice, polite, 10 year plus Extra Class 1, 2 and 3 call signs
(read - being a 20 WPM CW Extra is NOT a filter - of any kind) who kept
calling even when 1A4A called for any 6's or 7's.

did they wait a bit and give a 6 or 7 a chance

again the tone you have the dx experence a preference for calls where
the propagation does not seems to have been runing

after a decent pause why should n't any other NA call jump in

Old January 9th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:40:32 -0700, "Topaz305RK"
wrote:

What a chaotic mess.

Two major problems that could have been taken care of.

1 - 1A4A calls for "North America - Any 6's or 7's" then takes a 1, 2, or 3.
He should have only taken a 6 or 7 but never did, shame on him.

But he's not even DX !!