Old May 9th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Tropo DX on low VHF! East coast USA

Fire up your 6m rigs, I see lots of tropo on low VHF of TV. I am
receiving a channel 3 WEDU Tampa Florida here in NJ just outside of NYC.
Also seeing interference on NYC's channels 2 and 4. 21:40 zulu May 9.
Old May 10th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Wed, 09 May 2007 21:50:16 +0000, robert casey wrote:

Fire up your 6m rigs, I see lots of tropo on low VHF of TV. I am
receiving a channel 3 WEDU Tampa Florida here in NJ just outside of NYC.
Also seeing interference on NYC's channels 2 and 4. 21:40 zulu May 9.

Actually, this is sporadic-E. We're off to a pretty good start this
season, I got two new ones in my FM BCB logs (which already contain 1,400
stations) and the season's still young.

10 meters was open for hours yesterday. And to be on topic(grin) TG9ANF
was doing a land-office business. 28.470 if I recall properly.

These openings do occasionally extend to multihop, and trans-Atlantic DX
is quite possible on 10, and even 6.