Old July 29th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default FYI: How To Enable Telnet on IE 7.0 and Vista

Well I upgraded to Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 and subsequently could not
access any of my usual Telnet DX Packet Clusters (;-)

But there is a patch from CiscoNET to make it work with IE and Vista

See URL:
http://www.cisconet.com/index.php?op...57&Item id=72

FYI: Telnet and DX Packet Cluster info are at URL:
http://ac6v.com/dxcluster.htm

73 es GD DX from Da Shadow

Old July 29th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

The Shadow wrote:
Well I upgraded to Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 and subsequently could not
access any of my usual Telnet DX Packet Clusters (;-)

But there is a patch from CiscoNET to make it work with IE and Vista

See URL:
http://www.cisconet.com/index.php?op...57&Item id=72

FYI: Telnet and DX Packet Cluster info are at URL:
http://ac6v.com/dxcluster.htm

73 es GD DX from Da Shadow

A browser usually isn't the best telnet client. A good one to use is puTTy.
Old July 29th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

"Bob Nielsen" wrote in message
. ..
The Shadow wrote:
Well I upgraded to Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 and subsequently could
not access any of my usual Telnet DX Packet Clusters (;-)

But there is a patch from CiscoNET to make it work with IE and Vista

See URL:
http://www.cisconet.com/index.php?op...57&Item id=72

FYI: Telnet and DX Packet Cluster info are at URL:
http://ac6v.com/dxcluster.htm

73 es GD DX from Da Shadow

A browser usually isn't the best telnet client. A good one to use is
puTTy.

Could be Bob. All I know is after the patch, I can now access any cluster
site at the NG3K site -- URL:
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cluster.html
Works well
Lamont

Old July 29th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

The Shadow wrote:
Well I upgraded to Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 and subsequently could
not access any of my usual Telnet DX Packet Clusters (;-)

But there is a patch from CiscoNET to make it work with IE and Vista

See URL:
http://www.cisconet.com/index.php?op...57&Item id=72

FYI: Telnet and DX Packet Cluster info are at URL:
http://ac6v.com/dxcluster.htm

73 es GD DX from Da Shadow

A browser usually isn't the best telnet client. A good one to use is
puTTy.

Could be Bob. All I know is after the patch, I can now access any cluster
site at the NG3K site -- URL:
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cluster.html
Works well
Lamont

That's good to know. I recall that the default Windows telnet is rather
broken. If you want to see a nice dedicated DX Cluster client, take a
look at http://www.ve7cc.net/

Bob, N7XY
Old July 29th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

The Shadow wrote:

[...]

I tried to install the ve7cc telnet program on a Win98SE machine and
it kept putting in a WS2_32.dll file in my C:\\Windows\System file
that screwed up the whole machine. I downloaded a new WS2_32.dll file
and installed it and all is OK. I tried it the second time and the
same thing happened. Anyone know of a fix or what I'm doing wrong?

It looks like a great program if you can get it to work.

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ